General
Malaysian doctors and medical officers now restricted to local scholarships for post graduate studies

Malaysian doctors and medical officers now restricted to local scholarships for post graduate studies

Shared by:

The Ministry of Health has imposed limitations on scholarships enabling doctors to pursue their post graduate studies abroad, to the disappointment of many who aspire to have overseas exposure.

today.mims.com

13 Oct 2016 - General

I think this step taken by the Malaysian government is a productive step to a certain extent. Many healthcare professionals who leave their country and move to other countries on scholarships for pursuing further studies search for a job in a foreign country and settle there. At least, this is the case in India. This may lead to scarcity of doctors and medical officers in a country. However, I believe that the government should provide a similar standard of education and chances of growth within...
 (Total 157 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan It is very bad to hear about the cut of scholorships for PG studies. It will costs about 30000 to 50000 USD tution few In USA. Ministery saying that they will temporarly remove other previlages also. From july of this year, who got scholorships will not entertained with other benifits. Ministery also saying that who want to go they have to bear the costs by themselves. Ministery saying tha...
 (Total 117 words)
I think this step is substantial to say that the government is taking a step forward to making them independent in their career path. All working adults should take responsibilities to upgrade themselves without hoping for help from the ministry. Many are pampered and rely on financial help while they use their own money on their wants. It is only fair that they take things in their own hands and decide on their career path. But cutting off just like that might be too drastic. What they could ac...
 (Total 142 words)
I totally agree with you Priscilla Mae Gobuyan that nothing is wrong with restricting the postgraduate study to the local universities. It is not that simple though. Many important aspects should be taken in consideration first. Due the rapid development in the Malaysian community over the past few decades and the limited numbers in the Malaysian universities, there are thousands of Malaysians studying abroad al...
 (Total 122 words)
There's nothing wrong about having continuos learning in your country other than overseas. However upon reading this, a lot of scholars could have been heart broken by the news. It is always exciting and more interesting learning other ways of advancement abroad than locally but as what I've said, there's not wrong to be restricted in your country. I already have read several articles concerning the Malaysian government resources in terms of their funds to support local government ho...
 (Total 167 words)