General
Homeopathic teething products are being investigated in the deaths of 10 babies

Homeopathic teething products are being investigated in the deaths of 10 babies

Shared by:

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is investigating a link between homeopathic teething products and adverse reactions in more than 400 babies - including seizures, shortness of breath, vomiting, and constipation. At least 10 children have...

www.sciencealert.com

13 Oct 2016 - General

I don't understand Why people have to worry and rush the natural process of teething in the first place? I think it must be how parents think in the western society. In my country, teething is not a big concern for mothers and fathers. Parents have a thousand and one things to be worried of with regard to their children, but luckily teething is not one of them. At least for now! The natural processes of the body should be allowed to happen naturally. Humans trying to meddle with the natural ...
 (Total 106 words)
Tahira Nawaz I really feel bad for the parents who lost their children because of this mistake. We cannot blame the public because its usual practice to assume that any form of medication that is available in the pharmacy is safe --- especially if it doesn't require a prescription for it to be purchased. Homeopathic products are attractive for consumers because it is usually marketed as a natural product. If...
 (Total 118 words)
This is really hilarious, why people are playing with the lives of little innocent kids. I have also used a homoeopathic medicine ‘Bioplasgen no 21’ for teething of my daughter but she started nausea and vomiting therefore I stopped. FDA has investigated 400 cases where homeopathic teething products are responsible for adverse reactions in babies such as vomiting, constipation, shortness of breath and seizures. About ten children have died with the use of these products. FDA has warned to stop t...
 (Total 112 words)