General

What is having a good posture?

Created by:

13 Oct 2016 - General

Posture is the position in which you hold your body upright against gravity while standing, sitting or lying down. Good posture involves training your body to stand, walk, sit and lie in positions where the least strain is placed on supporting muscles and ligaments during movement or weight-bearing activities. Proper posture:

• Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
  • Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis.
  • Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
  • Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
  • Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy.
  • Prevents strain or overuse problems.
  • Prevents backache and muscular pain.
  • Contributes to a good appearance
Mark Edmon Tan Thanks for the tip! Since I started with medical clerkship, I started having back pains every now and then. I think its because of my poor posture whenever I assist on surgical procedures. Whenever we would assist an open cholecystectomy, we would contort ourselves just to adjust to the table height (of course this is according to the surgeon's preference) while retracting the liver or the adj...
 (Total 115 words)
It is hard to find ourselves doing that Mark Edmon Tan but those are good tips to know your correct posture while walking. Since all of us have our own style of walking and sitting, take simple steps to improve your posture to move to a better health. So that we can avoid unnecessary medical conditions ahead in time. By doing steps that Mark and i have mentioned, you can save thousands of dollars on hospital bill...
 (Total 82 words)
Good posture is really important. It is something that we are born with. However, we lose good posture and flexibility due to poor work posture patterns and inactivity. This comes with the hefty consequence of overuse syndromes and muscle strains. Over time, excessive pressure are placed on certain areas of the bone that leads to osteoarthritis. To ensure that you have good posture, follow this simple tip. Stand with your back against the wall. Make sure that the occiput, shoulder blades, and bu...
 (Total 108 words)