Sleeping Well in Hot Weather without AC!Created by:
Hot weather has a major impact on our daily life especially if too hot and too humid. It can make it hard to get comfortable enough to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Remember, the ideal recommended sleep duration is 7-8 hours a day for a normal adult. Many patients complain about their poor sleep during hot nights especially in remote places that might have no constant access to electricity.
Fortunately, there are some simple tricks to overcome the heat even without the need to an air conditioner:
- Having a shower before bedtime: It will help you feel fresh and wash away any sweat or stickiness, helping you feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- Preparing your bed properly: cotton sheets are ideal and there breathing effect can be augmented via storing them in a cool place or even in the fridge or the freezer!
- Using smaller pillow: captures less heat from your head.
- Eat smart: don’t eat just before your bedtime.
- Drink water: it helps relaxing you to sleep.
- Having good space: if you are sleeping with a partner, both of your bodies radiate heat. So, you can have some personal space occasionally if possible.
- Create your own cold breeze: by using a wet towel in front of a fan or opened window.
- Your last choice: apply cold packs on your pulse points like wrist and elbow.