General
Hospital Serdang doctor mistakenly identified as robber, allegedly assaulted by police

Hospital Serdang doctor mistakenly identified as robber, allegedly assaulted by police

Shared by:

Malaysia's deputy health DG has stated that the doctor who made a police report after being mistaken for a robber during a raid should have followed SOP and notified his superiors.

today.mims.com

15 Oct 2016 - General

This article highlights the defects in the working methodology of Police forces in many countries. Such mistakes and blunders are really shameful and strict actions should be taken to make sure that they are not repeated. Some parts in this article really surprise me that the doctor was punching the policeman's face when he was caught. It is really hard to comment on the truth in this situation. This is a fact that the police has to do the duty, a criminal is a criminal even if it's a do...
 (Total 159 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz This incident purely misunderstanding and mistake. When doctor fell and the police caught up with him, he allegedly started punching the policemen which is a mistake , He told them he is doctor but the police took him to the police station to verify this,” This has to be done for verification process but not at odd time. But the doctor should inform to the subordinates about the issue over pho...
 (Total 78 words)
All I can say is that article has reiterated that the police were chasing and trying to apprehend suspects. In the Philippines, a suspect is innocent until proven otherwise. Moreover, there was no mention of an arrest warrant for the suspect. In my opinion, this was a violation of the writ of habeas corpus. One should undergo a fair trial under the jurisdiction of the country and be deemed as innocent or guilty. This would have been a blatant abuse of power in the Philippines but then may be th...
 (Total 153 words)
When people perceive a potential danger, it is inevitable to act instinctively and not consider ones moral values. It is natural and its difficult to judge anybody for it. However it can really put a person into trouble like what happened to the doctor. I am not sure how aggressive the police were when they were arresting him, but I guess he got really scared and he was acting on his instincts. If I am not mistaken, usually there should be an arrest warrant and police should explain why a person...
 (Total 128 words)
Unfortunately for the doctor, he was at the wrong place and at the wrong time. Mistakes like this do happen everywhere when it involves a crime. Firstly, no one knew how the 7 robbers looked like and being mistaken in the suspected vicinity is understood. For all you know, the robbers might have donned the white medical coat as a disguise to cover up. As police officers from the tactical force, they are trained to catch criminals who are armed and dangerous. They were called upon this case for a...
 (Total 124 words)
Wow!! A potential scene from an action movie came into reality. It is really hard to believe that the whole incident has really happened. A doctor in his formal attire and mostly having his hospital ID too, as any other Malaysian health worker, got arrested and treated as a criminal in a robbery crime. I think what made it difficult for the police are the resistance they found from the doctor and his attempt to run away, he should not have done that of course. The story also showed that no one i...
 (Total 127 words)