General
Bee Venom Therapy A New Hope To People Living With Arthritis

Bee Venom Therapy A New Hope To People Living With Arthritis

Shared by:

Scientists at Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis have developed tiny nanoparticles that can be injected straight into painful knees, using a peptide found in the insects’ poison. The peptide, called melittin, has

healthscienceandtechnology.com

15 Oct 2016 - General

I am thrilled to see a "herbal" alternative for treating arthritis. Melittin found in bee venom is showing promise in retarding breakdown of cartilage. This is beneficial for those patients suffering from osteoarthritis (most common form of arthritis) and rheumatoid arthritis. This will be more helpful in the latter since it can prevent early onset of joint erosions. With further research, it may be used as prophylactic agent for those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. I wonder thou...
 (Total 130 words)
This is great news, and should be a great relief for patients whose lives have been so miserable due to arthritis. In severe joint inflammation, the pain patients get is very severe and the pain does not relieve completely with usual analgesics. I hope the next stages of clinical trials become a success for this drug and that it makes it to the commercial use soon. But, will there be a way to artificially synthesize this drug without the need of actual living bees? Or will it mean that to bring ...
 (Total 102 words)
Wow! If this will be proven effective if used to human, this can help a lot of people! Since arthritis is now common to everyone. And almost all elderly suffers from arthritis and even some of the young adults. I just hope that sooner, it will be available. Thinking that the peptide, called melittin (found in bee), has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect that halts the destruction of cartilage, the body’s built-in ‘shock absorber’. Just like ...
 (Total 101 words)
Fedelic Ashish Toppo It's very good to hear a peptide in nanoparticle for arthritis. A millions of people suffering from arthritis. This peptide having antiinflamtory and bacterial activity also. It seems it tends to lesser adverse events with natural peptide. I hope this studies will further continue and have a grand success in commercial aspects. I have one question for this topic. Can you share the experim...
 (Total 71 words)