General
Most vitamins are useless, but here are the ones you should take

Most vitamins are useless, but here are the ones you should take

Shared by:

It seems like simple, obvious advice: eat your vegetables, get some exercise, and - of course - take your vitamins. Or not. Decades of research has failed to find any substantial evidence that vitamins and supplements do any significant good.

www.sciencealert.com

15 Oct 2016 - General

Nice discussion, but the headline is misleading. I was really astonished reading the first sentence. But the content is good and I am agree with that. The headline should be 'Vitamin supplements' instead of vitamin. Yes, we don't need vitamin supplements unless we have nutritional deficiency. Vitamins and minerals are micronutrients and needed in small amount. Green leafy vegetables, meat, egg etc are common source of all vitamin. If you take a balanced diet regularly, the need of...
 (Total 122 words)
Thank you for sharing this great article, Theekshana Abayawickrama. Yes, I am a firm believer in zince because it is a known immunomodulator too. I usually prescribe zinc for 2 weeks after an episode of AGE to help prevent another immediate bout with AGE. It is interesting to note that zinc wards off the common cold too. It is notable that the article has deemed vitamin C as one vitamin that we can skip. Most take...
 (Total 149 words)
This is a great read! Thanks for sharing this! I really believe that most of the vitamins and minerals we need can be gotten from a balanced diet. The problem today is that people’s lifestyles are so fast-paced that a proper diet full of natural foods is compromised, that’s why people try to make it up with multivitamins. But as discussed in a previous post, the body is not designed to take in a large dose of various vitamins and minerals all at once. This again underscores the importance of get...
 (Total 139 words)
There are hundreds of different preparations of multivitamin tablets and syrup and the companies that make these multivitamins are making a good fortune. More often I see that multivitamins are prescribed not for a clear indication but because 'the patient really does not have a problem but she / he needs to be sent home with some medications" It is something that I have personally done many times too. Mothers complain that their children do not eat well, and that they are not gaining ...
 (Total 124 words)