General
Malaysian Health DG: Unhygienic ice factories were "constantly monitored"

Malaysian Health DG: Unhygienic ice factories were "constantly monitored"

Shared by:

After reports of "rogue" ice factories in the Klang Valley producing ice cubes and slabs with waste water, the Malaysian Ministry of Health has said there is no cause for concern.

today.mims.com

16 Oct 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz thank you for sharing this article, after I read it , I had mixed feelings, I can't imagine that there is someone on the earth can accept selling "diseases" that what I call them,also the buyer should be judged to deal with such factories.
The government is really doing a big effort to protect people from any issues against their health, but they should also set a very strict p...
 (Total 104 words)
Oh my. Now I am beginning to wonder if this is also happening in my own country. Its scary to think that there are people who would go to this extent just to make money. I thought this only happens in soap operas and movies, but apparently not! This makes it even more uncomfortable for me to dine out. We have no idea where business establishments are purchasing their ice products. I am not sure if local food inspectors are also keen on this. So far there are rare reports about this in the countr...
 (Total 111 words)
Goodness! Now i am in doubt if i will still continue putting ice in my drinks from a certain restaurant. This is so alarming! I guess all of the ice factory should be check for their hygiene practices or measures. Thinking that it can happen to any Ice factories. Using recycled waste water? Like what the? Compensating the health of everyone for the benefit of the few? Such a selfish and greedy act. :( I guess Malaysian government or Department of Health should follow up this company more often. ...
 (Total 109 words)
It is inhuman, I mean how it is possible to recycle waste water to make ice cubes and slab. For me, it is really indigestible because ice cubes and slabs are widely used in the summer season and if these are made up of dirty water then the outcomes will be hilarious. The use of waste water in any industry that is manufacturing human’s usable products is not justified at all. The use of rusty trays for storage of ice is another nasty act that must be punished. It is the matter of thousands of hum...
 (Total 109 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz First of all we want to know the background for using waste water. Like is it due to Water problem or higher price for water or negligence by manufacturers or non monitoring by govt. Whatever the cause it's big offenseIf. If it is due to Water problem then the govt should supply water by subsidy and if it is due to negligence all 25 factories should be locked for temporarily and govt. shoul...
 (Total 80 words)
Unbelievable! How can waste and recycled water be used for making ice. There is really something wrong with the thinking of entrepreneurs lately. They are compromising public safety to achieve large profit that is utterly unacceptable and unethical! I know that they will contest that freezing will kill bacteria but not all strains will be killed. It will take freezing AND re-freezing for at least three times before bacteria becomes eradicated. Still, it is not an excuse to jeopardize the health ...
 (Total 158 words)
Really horrible!! What we are eating?? We often takes icy drinks and foods specially in hot weather to get a relief. But what is happening actually?? We are inviting thousands of bacteria!! I am sure the situation is not in Malaysia only. It is a common problem in south east asia. In Bangladesh, the situation has improved in last few years. But still there are some local ice factories in rural area which are not frequently monitored. Many of themmanufacturer ice cream too and sell in local shop...
 (Total 114 words)
Adding lots of ice cubes in the drinks is a very common habit everywhere in the world, especially in the hot South East Asia region. It goes usually unnoticed but we should ask ourselves about the source of this ice and how it is made. In Malaysia, some ice factories are accused of dirty or unhygienic water in their ice factories. The conditions described in the article are beyond imagination. Stray animals in the background, rusty trays, filthy drainage systems and waste water all are combined ...
 (Total 127 words)