General
Brazil will release billions of lab-grown mosquitoes to combat infectious disease. Will it work?

Brazil will release billions of lab-grown mosquitoes to combat infectious disease. Will it work?

Shared by:

Desperate health officials are investing in new control strategies, but the evidence–and the economics–are still hazy

www.sciencemag.org

16 Oct 2016 - General

To your question Madhubabu kaaja if this will work, just like the others we are all hopeful that this will work to prevent people from getting infected, sick and dying. It is also stated tha...
 (Total 85 words)
I am very hopeful about this and I remain optimistic about the positive effects of these efforts. I have read a classic environmental book about the use of pesticides and the biologic effect of chemicals. Its entitled, "Silent spring" by Ra...
 (Total 133 words)
Brazil was among the pioneers in adopting Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, best known as the BTI bacteria to kill the larval stages of flies and mosquitoes. This discovery appeared to be a huge success and from what I have heard, cases of dengue p...
 (Total 121 words)
The most deadly animal in the world is the mosquito. According to the World Health Organization, mosquito bites result in the deaths of more than 1 million people every year. The majority of these deaths are due to malaria. Pesticides used to be one ...
 (Total 153 words)