General
Loneliness can be fatal and possibly genetic

Loneliness can be fatal and possibly genetic

Shared by:

When deprived of social connection, people experience loneliness, a complex and unpleasant emotional response that research now shows can kill, and some people face a higher risk than others.

today.mims.com

17 Oct 2016 - General

The sense of loneliness is subjective and it has a lot of negative effects to human health. On a biological perspective, there seems to be an evidence points to neurotransmitter imbalance as a causative factor in feeling melancholy. However, this is absolutely true for all cases because how else one explain the refractoriness of anti-depressant medications? I believe that there is also a psychological and environmental component to being lonely. Since the state of being lonely disrupts internal ...
 (Total 118 words)
Human will require social interaction and connection on a regular term. “Loneliness” can affect people negatively. Deprivation of social interaction is negatively linked to psychological health. Loneliness is not good for human’s mental health, and it will increase the risks of having depression, substance abuse, and suicidal. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to being “loneliness”, and I would agree that different people may perceive the definition of “loneliness” different from o...
 (Total 121 words)
Everyone takes in problem differently and that includes finding solutions to their own problem. Some people rely on talking to others and venting anger on things and activities but here are a few that do not do anything at all except being alone and reflect on things that they did and happened. Being depressed and at the same time alone can be a huge problem cause it can lead to many possibilities. Sometimes good and mostly bad. Cause we usually have our busy schedule to keep us going and not th...
 (Total 140 words)
I believe too that loneliness, along with other mental health problems, can possibly be due to certain genetic predispositions. Also, there really are people who are more susceptible to loneliness. The elderly especially may be more prone due to lack of things to keep them busy, along with other factors like deteriorating health, feeling ignored by family members, lack of productivity and thus feeling useless, and coming to terms with old age. I guess men are more likely to be lonely, possibly d...
 (Total 140 words)
Loneliness and being a alone are just two different worlds. One can be alone but may not feel lonely. Others may perceive the condition of being lonely despite of the support around them. Loneliness as being said consitutes with mental depression. What a surprising revelation of the survey that nurses garnered the highest percentage of people being linked with loneliness are those who were unmarried and divorced. Health professionals especially nurses are on top of the list maybe because of the ...
 (Total 119 words)