General
Nurses: How do you deal with gossipy co-workers?

Nurses: How do you deal with gossipy co-workers?

Shared by:

Gossiping is prone to happen in any workplace setting. Healthcare institutions are not an exception. Nurses, in particular, are a group of employees that are prone to the habit of gossiping at the workplace.

today.mims.com

17 Oct 2016 - General

I agree with everyone here that says that gossiping does not only happen in the healthcare industry. In fact I think, it is a workplace culture that will never be eradicated. There will always be some form of gossip that will workmates will talk abou...
 (Total 122 words)
ah I was wondering when this topic would come here. I have to agree with Jemelyn Mae Sodusta, "Why do i need to stressed myself over them?" Gossip is gossip. I myself would like t...
 (Total 135 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan thank you for sharing this interesting article to be discussed as it talks about an issue we are facing everywhere.
Gossipy co workers as I experienced are not in ...
 (Total 133 words)
As most of you have said, gossip is everywhere and it doesn't exist in healthcate settings alone. Out of all the points mentio ed in the article, I surround myself with positive circle of friends at work. I find it difficult as some of my co work...
 (Total 155 words)
This is a common thing to find in any workplace. The steps mentioned in the article are really helpful. If one builds a positive attitude and deals with such situations, then one can go home with peace of mind. Moreover, I would like to add that if s...
 (Total 154 words)
It's entertaining to hear gossip, but it's a different thing when you're the one being talked about. In my College gossip was awful. I wasn't so used to an environment that thrived in such things, and I barely survived my 6 years in D...
 (Total 142 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Gossips will not leave humans, its some times a time pass activity and sometimes for spreading of rumors. It is best to avoid in others matters and changing the subjec...
 (Total 78 words)
Gossip is really something that is prevalent in almost any industry, and its not something solely related to nurses. The problem, however, occurs if the gossip affects the quality of work. Negative gossip about fellow nurses might lead to poor cooper...
 (Total 88 words)
I agree with Jemelyn Mae Sodusta , this is not only happening in healthcare industry. For this kind of situation sometimes it's better if we didn't know the gossip itself. And I als...
 (Total 43 words)
This is not only happening in healthcare industry. I guess any of the profession is guilty of this. For me, in case i heard something from the others, i don't say anything to add up the fire. I'd rather listen and nod at the same time. And wh...
 (Total 128 words)
Gossiping should not really be happening in healthcare service, as it is would be seemed to be unprofessional. But, sometime, it is not easy to control some human nature of prone to gossiping. Some people will get excited when gossiping about other,...
 (Total 102 words)
I find it normal to here nurses gossip. Most of the time, nursing environment is very hectic and busy and we go through a lot of things and many kinds of patients. Which we tend to concentrate more at our work then to have time to catch up on things ...
 (Total 106 words)
Well if i may speak as an healthcare professional like a nurse, no workplace in any country can be imagined without gossip. They always happen . Although at some place it might be comparatively lesser. And all most always they do turn to become cou...
 (Total 84 words)
It is a fact that gossiping is not limited to healthcare institutions and it is also true that whatever the setting is everybody gossips either about their colleagues or patients. But nurses are more prone to this habit specifically. I think gossipin...
 (Total 118 words)
I think everybodys kinda guilty when it comes to gossiping or "chismis" in filipino laymans term. I was just saddened that the main subject of the article would be nurses, haha. Really? Well that's true most of the time because we get t...
 (Total 132 words)