General
Malaysia’s MOH under fire for not protecting rights of junior doctor

Malaysia’s MOH under fire for not protecting rights of junior doctor

Shared by:

The Health Ministry deputy director-general said the incident where a doctor was mistaken as a robber and beaten up by police outside Serdang Hospital should be taken as a “learning experience”.

today.mims.com

18 Oct 2016 - General

IT IS NO MORE A PLEASURE BEING A DOCTOR. U WORK HARD AND SERVE THE RAYAAT BUT THEY HAVE NO QUALMS OF DERIDING AND ABUSING YOU. HAS A CLINICIAN IT IS SO DIFFICULT. ULTIMATELY THE RAYAAT SUFFERS HAS NO BODT CARES. THE ADMINISTRATORS ARE NOT FRONT LINE ...
 (Total 84 words)
This is an unacceptable behaviour for the police department. Also a quite of misunderstanding for both teams. I mean if the doctor was told to stop, he didn't stop. But of course you cannot blame the doctor for not stopping because the police are...
 (Total 116 words)
One unexplored angle?

The doctor was arrested despite his colleagues at the stall vouching for him.

Shouldn't anyone at the scene who vouches for the doctor-suspect be treated as suspects and arrested as...
 (Total 44 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz i think we should turn This page and consider what happened as a misunderstanding , I'm sure that non of each sides had the intention to harm the other and we shouldn&...
 (Total 130 words)
Follow up news is always exciting to read! I think the behaviour of the medical community is totally justified. Although police forces have the power to do the needful if a person is under scrutiny, still there is a code of conduct defined for them t...
 (Total 115 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz There different opinions raising out. Health Ministry saying that it is considered as experience and any body can wear a steth and blue dress. Police saying that it is th...
 (Total 54 words)
While it is arguable that the police may sometimes have to resort to extreme measures when apprehending violent criminals or terrorists, resorting to assault is one step too far. In addition, having such a statement from someone in the Ministry of He...
 (Total 58 words)
Well, how else do could you look at thing but to see it as a learning experience: (1) for the police to run a thorough investigation, when confronted by a startled yet unarmed individual, even if he appears to be guilty due to circumstance; (2) for t...
 (Total 125 words)
Malaysian Health Ministry Deputy Director General Dr. S. Jeyaindran said that anybody can be wearing the blue surgical scrubs or stethoscope he had on him! This may be not the best expression to describe the situation indeed. However, I agree with hi...
 (Total 166 words)