General
Malaysia’s MOH under fire for not protecting rights of junior doctor

Malaysia’s MOH under fire for not protecting rights of junior doctor

Shared by:

The Health Ministry deputy director-general said the incident where a doctor was mistaken as a robber and beaten up by police outside Serdang Hospital should be taken as a “learning experience”.

today.mims.com

18 Oct 2016 - General

This is an unacceptable behaviour for the police department. Also a quite of misunderstanding for both teams. I mean if the doctor was told to stop, he didn't stop. But of course you cannot blame the doctor for not stopping because the police are dressed in just normal clothes and he might be frightened that someone just called him. This could really affect the personal image of the doctor for those who didn't know the real story behind. The damage has been done and I think an apology an...
 (Total 116 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz i think we should turn This page and consider what happened as a misunderstanding , I'm sure that non of each sides had the intention to harm the other and we shouldn't pay attention and take it as offense that the Malaysian Health Ministry Deputy Director General Dr. S. Jeyaindran said that anybody can be wearing the blue surgical scrubs or stethoscope , In my opinion he doesn't mea...
 (Total 130 words)
Follow up news is always exciting to read! I think the behaviour of the medical community is totally justified. Although police forces have the power to do the needful if a person is under scrutiny, still there is a code of conduct defined for them too. A mistake is a mistake, even if it's done by police forces. And especially in this case when a medical professional is involved, it is pretty serious. The outcomes of such incidences can affect the medical career of the doctor. The police for...
 (Total 115 words)
Well, how else do could you look at thing but to see it as a learning experience: (1) for the police to run a thorough investigation, when confronted by a startled yet unarmed individual, even if he appears to be guilty due to circumstance; (2) for the hospital workers and professionals to follow protocol at all times, which means they should give notice when taking breaks, and at the same time, departments should take account of the people; (3) for any normal person, to not panic and run when t...
 (Total 125 words)
Malaysian Health Ministry Deputy Director General Dr. S. Jeyaindran said that anybody can be wearing the blue surgical scrubs or stethoscope he had on him! This may be not the best expression to describe the situation indeed. However, I agree with him that this should be treated as a learning experience for both the police and the Malaysian medical community. When incidents like these happens with multilevel mistakes, it is nearly impossible to blame a specific side of the story. On the one hand...
 (Total 166 words)