General
Overuse of devices and digital dementia

Overuse of devices and digital dementia

Shared by:

Mrs Penny Tan, a mother of three children aged 14, 19 and 22, no longer enjoys parenting. "When they were younger, we'd go cycling and do things together," she said. "Now I can hardly get their attention. They will be taking selfies and catching Pokemon. I'm practically losing them." She could well be speaking for most parents. Digital devices have infiltrated almost every aspect of life. They have been blamed for causing harmful changes to the brain, such as memory loss.

health.asiaone.com

18 Oct 2016 - General

Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Overuse only the problem of all these consequences one should be non dependable only solution to prevent the situations. ...
 (Total 129 words)
Technology has really taken the lives of todays generation. That's true that from simple tasks from reminders to taking down notes, we have our gadgets to remind us which end up decreasing our mental ability to think. Everyone's guilty of thi...
 (Total 164 words)
I believe there was a similar topic discussed on the issue of cognitive offloading. In a nutshell, cognitive offloading is transferring retrieval of memory responsibilities to the digital devices. This has been shown to reduce cognitive function and ...
 (Total 190 words)
You know, I used to read maps. I used to love Googlemaps and refused to use Waze a GPS app, but everyone started using and was laughing at me cus I was still reading maps. But it's true, this blind trust on the GPS is crazy. Sometimes I'm on ...
 (Total 144 words)
In my opinion, i believe that overuse of technology may affect their brain and cognitive functions or how they think and response in their environment . Too much reliance on these devices will make them dependent to this devices. The more advanced so...
 (Total 98 words)
Tahira Nawaz yes, Technology changing our body improper way, as we have discussed in my earlier discussion technology is a double edged sword, one can use it wisely. As told by...
 (Total 50 words)
Tahira Nawaz yes, Technology changing our body improper way, as we have discussed in my earlier discussion technology is a double edged sword, one can use it wisely. As told by...
 (Total 50 words)
Digital devices have become a necessity in our lives because we depend on them. It is the bitter truth that technology changes in our lives are not much healthy. A recent research has shown that such digital devices are causing harmful changes to hum...
 (Total 141 words)
Marinelle Castro Technology changing our brains. Even there is no evidence, it's self evident that it changing brains instead of life like, people using GPS instead of remembering direc...
 (Total 57 words)
At present evidence is still lacking to prove that utilization of gadgets can lead to memory or cognitive impairment. However, I personally think that over-reliance with these gadgets will really change the way the brain functions. In neuroscience th...
 (Total 120 words)
Overuse of devices causing dementia in children, a new study reveled that high microwave absorption during the usage of digital devices, but there is no report demonstrating a causal- effect relationship. use technology wisely. For instance, some dig...
 (Total 53 words)