General
How can doctors help parents of children with terminal illnesses cope

How can doctors help parents of children with terminal illnesses cope

Shared by:

Parents are usually overcome with sadness and anger when they find out that their child has a terminal illness. Doctors, on their end, are in a good position to help parents of children with terminal illnesses.

today.mims.com

19 Oct 2016 - General

It is hard to help parents cope with terminal illness. I have been in this situation multiple times already and parents will have a really difficult time being receptive to hearing poor prognosis or chance of recovery. Every single loving parent in the right frame of mind will always yearn to save their child in every way possible. This can turn into borderline obsession and provoke them to have a fast temper when they do not want to hear a bad news. This article is well written and allows paren...
 (Total 137 words)
When death is inevitable, one should try to find a way to cope rather than to fight. It must really be hard to be a parent to a child who is terminally ill. I mean, it is a parent's instinct to protect their children, so what happens when you have no capacity to do so, can you really relax and go with the flow? The truth is that parents of a terminally ill child will struggle even more than the child, and it is important that support is there for them. Of all the things stated here, I like t...
 (Total 167 words)
Madhubabu kaaja terminal illness is not easy to be adequate with for the patient and for his family , it is very hard to bear it and to forget it even for a second, but trying to overcome sadness and be optimistic in your feelings and thinking will help patient. positive energy can improve the illness and may cure it .
I totally agree as mentioned in the article that parents could see a psychiatrist to help th...
 (Total 123 words)
When someone in the family is suffering from terminal illness, the entire family is affected. There are sadness, tension and so many questions running in the mind of everyone. And especially if it's a child, the parents are already tensed and under grief from the situation of their child. At this time, doctor plays an important role in stabilizing things. Primarily in such conditions, it is the duty of the doctor to give medically correct information to the relatives of the child. Apart from...
 (Total 155 words)
This would be a depressing scenario for each parent with a diagnosed child as terminally ill. That is more than just a heartbreak for them. Parents wanted to protect their children as much as possible, cultivate them with love and care. By simply facing and accepting the problem is already difficult and a strong support system from the outside is necessary. But we always need to be positive. The doctors responsiblity does not only end up to diagnosing and treating the child but also extending an...
 (Total 111 words)
Given this situation, I think the best way that healthcare providers can help would be to show parents and their families that the child is being given the best medical care that there is. Parents will find it reassuring that their child is being handled by competent experts and it eases the worry that stresses them out. I am not sure if parents can still exercise after learning that their child is terminally ill. Perhaps it would be better to remind them to eat, sleep properly and try their bes...
 (Total 140 words)
The parents of terminally ill children have the worst pain in their life and it is very hard to cope this pain emotionally, socially and spiritually. Doctors can provide the best help they need either by satisfying about all that is going or showing presence every time they need. Parents of such children have the firm belief that Doctor can serve best after God to save their child. So Doctors should show maximum presence and help the parents in dealing with the stress they have. A doctor can sug...
 (Total 125 words)