General
HKL providing social welfare services to reduce number of abandoned patients in Kuala Lumpur

HKL providing social welfare services to reduce number of abandoned patients in Kuala Lumpur

Shared by:

Hospital Kuala Lumpur’s Medical Social Work Department has achieved a 90% success rate in counselling and persuading the families of abandoned and forgotten patients to accept them back into their homes.

today.mims.com

19 Oct 2016 - General

This is a good move, which I hope will be beneficial for both the patient and the hospital administration. Mahmoud AbdelAziz Its really sad to see when patients are rejected by their own families. I have seen this happen and unfortunately some patients die alone. Tahira Nawaz I'm glad that you see this as a noble act, but I ...
 (Total 111 words)
This is the noblest act I think in the universe to send back the abandoned patients to their home. Medical Social Work Department of Hospital Kuala Lumpur deserves appreciation for counseling and convincing the families of abiding and forgotten patients to accept them back to home. It is tough to take care the ill patients especially those who are suffering from mental illness but they are our parents so it's our duty to take care of them not the hospital. Hospitals cannot give them love and...
 (Total 117 words)
Government hospitals throughout Malaysia receives at least two abandoned patients each month with family members refusing to take them back even after they have been discharged from the hospital. These patients’ families give all sorts of excuses. It is really heart-breaking to see these families refuse to take back their elderly and mentally ill individuals even after being treated because of either their burden or the mental illness stigma. Usually, patients can’t wait to leave the hospital a...
 (Total 108 words)