General
Malaysia’s MOH takes a stand against threats and abuse faced by healthcare employees

Malaysia’s MOH takes a stand against threats and abuse faced by healthcare employees

Shared by:

The Ministry of Health has agreed that signages at its facilities, warning the public not to threaten or abuse its personnel when seeking or during treatment, will be put up.

today.mims.com

20 Oct 2016 - General

A very relevant topic indeed! In Pakistan it is no less common. Almost daily we face such problems and situation worsens when , already a critical patients with poor prognosis , dies while undergoing treatment. Recently one of our very good doctors was insulted on the social media just because of some out of context picture that was taken of the doctor during duty . It was really disappointing when you do so much of effort for the well being of the people and then they dont spare a minute in des...
 (Total 126 words)
Never thought that this has been going on in some countries in the world. I mean violence ongoing in the public eye. Signages can help stop or prevent the violence but it still depends on the people if they're willing to change and help out the healthcare community. Pity are those who have been victims of this. Health care personnel are here to help you and not as objects of your violence. So far in the Philippines, this issue is not that rampant. Or shall I say I never heard any evident rep...
 (Total 118 words)
I think that it is an effective step taken by MOH. The signages will definitely help to reduce the cases of abuse and violence to healthcare workers. They can help people realise the alternative means of solving problems rather than verbal abuse or physical violence. This is definitely a step towards the protection of healthcare professionals. Medicine is an esteemed profession and its dignity should be maintained. If the people are educated about legal alternatives and other methods of resolvin...
 (Total 145 words)
Putting up signage warning the public not to threaten or abuse its personnel when seeking or during treatment is surly a good and necessary move from the Malaysian ministry of health towards protecting their staff. The staff of course needs to be aware of their available options towards any client or patient who behaves violently. As this plan is mainly a reaction to a previous incident when a husband of a patient threatened to shoot the hospital's staff for not being allowed to accompany h...
 (Total 129 words)