General
Tips for doctors looking to start their own practice

Tips for doctors looking to start their own practice

Shared by:

It is not easy for doctors to open a private practice, as there are several things that one should know and be prepared for before proceeding.

today.mims.com

21 Oct 2016 - General

Jemar Nicdao nice article and covers almost all aspects in a summary. Yes, establishing a private practice is a pain in the neck! Especially for newbies. I feel the hardest part of starting a clinic is no find good , sincere work force. The employees play a very important role in terms of management, cleanliness , and a good system of running the clinic. Alone a doctor will not be able to do much. Here in Pakis...
 (Total 178 words)
Jemar Nicdao thank you for sharing this article to be discussed, starting your private project is really a new life to live, every moment carries its own character, there are struggling and achieving but at the end if you pay attention to every detail and do your best in it , we will had a feeling of success couldn't be described.
Thanks to this article which is really enough and include all the important...
 (Total 129 words)
It is important for doctors who wish to set up their own clinical practice to have business acumen. The tips mentioned in this article are very helpful. Everything; location, interior of the clinic, paramedical staff, prices, quality of service matters. Many dentists in India after graduating first in some trust hospital or under a senior professional and get the idea of handling a clinic independently. Opening your own clinic is going to be a big investment and every factor should be carefully ...
 (Total 133 words)
Starting from scratch and also upselling your own business is tough. The article pin poin the top most things you need to consider to build your career at the same time business a success. Of course the very first asset you can have will be your own skills and ability as a doctor to treat your patients. Your capacity to deal with them in a therapeutic way and thy most healing one. Second would be the physical appearance which would include the ambiance of the clinic. It could be better if it'...
 (Total 188 words)
As many people have said here, setting a private practice can be a daunting affair. Most doctors are not trained in thinking of business administration, that is probably why most new GPs prefer to join an existing group practice than set up one all by themselves. The many demands of business administration, from the registrations and licences, to the daily administration of your clinic and management of staff can sometimes be alien to medical practitioners.

In today's digital age, ...
 (Total 127 words)
Jemar Nicdao This article helpful for dynamic healthcare professionals who are willing to start career own practise. It is essential to find out the location first followed by interior design etc. Organising other medical staff, attracting patient and maintaing relationship with other healthcare professionals definitely benifit the practice. One should think in business man in planning and organising the own pr...
 (Total 84 words)
Starting a private practice is really something I am thinking about even if I am just a bit halfway through residency program. My practice would be a bit different because it would entail eventually setting up a physical therapy center where management skills will really be tested. As for location, it can be expensive to go for prime locations but patients will always opt for convenience and accessibilty, especially during this time and age. We should also find a place that offers parking space....
 (Total 149 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto I was told that starting private practice as a medical practitioner is really expensive. You have so many bills to pay such as right to practice, clinic rental, secretary etc. I guess it might be even more expensive if you are buying a lot and you are going to start from scratch. I agree that aesthetics matter a lot to patients and sometimes they even tend to equate expensive looking clinic...
 (Total 128 words)
Oh my, I remember when I was building my practice it was a roller coaster of emotions. I remember it was all kinds of exciting because it's always been something I've wished for since I got into Dentistry school--and when I knew I was doing being an associate for someone and earning experience, I was eager to try it out on my own. But then underneath all the excitement, I was so scared. I didn't know what I was doing and I wasn't sure if I was going to survive. But I've been ...
 (Total 277 words)