General

More than two soft drinks in a day, doubles the diabetes risk!

Created by:

21 Oct 2016 - General

A research has revealed that the people who consume soft drinks more than two in a day have a higher risk of having type 2 diabetes mellitus in their life time. The researchers have found that it is regardless whether the drinks contain sugar or not. And it is regardless of having artificial sweetners or not too. They say that the amount of drink should be more than 200 ml in a day and the increased risk is approximately 2.4 times than those who are having soft drinks less than 200 ml in a day. It is said that the soft drinks are good appetizers and they will lead to take more food leading glucose intolerance. 

Thanks for all the members for the reply comments. Yes of course it has been proven by the study. By the way we are used to have a soft drink when we go out for the meals and specially we take soft drinks with the fast foods most of the time. Soft dr...
 (Total 115 words)
Rajinda Asalage Thank you for sharing this new study. It will apparently take just one tall glass of drinking soda a day to increase the risk of acquiring type 2 diabetes mellitus by more t...
 (Total 91 words)
Most of us gotta be guilty of this I guess. Yes right adding 20% on sugary beverages including softdrinks has already been voiced out by the World Health Organization few weeks ago. If these items will be costly then people will resort to buy the aff...
 (Total 115 words)
Soft drinks are really unnecessary food item. It is not essential for us. But nowadays, it is taken and loved by people of all ages. I have seen many people who take soft drinks just like water. Mostly they love sugar containing drinks. It is harmfu...
 (Total 150 words)
There are many contributing factors to diabetes. Many involves food that are unhealthy and taken excessively. Carbohydrates that are taken and not burnt through exercise will turn to sugar and stays in the body which can also increase the risk of dia...
 (Total 98 words)
I agree with Dc. Maria Cristina Inserto when putting Sin Tax on this kind of beverages. We have discussed this topic weeks ago. And it is about time to address the issue from sugary beverages. If this kind drinks is costly then people may resort to o...
 (Total 102 words)
That's why I agree on putting SIN TAX on softdrinks, cigarettes and junkfood. I will be sad about the junkfood but I think we need to find some way to regulate the abuse of these substances. My very sister is so fond of coke and cannot let it go,...
 (Total 136 words)