General
The 5 types of interns that you get at healthcare institutions

The 5 types of interns that you get at healthcare institutions

Shared by:

Hospitals and clinics get a healthy supply of interns and temporary medical help all the time, from tertiary institutions and students looking for part-time jobs in general. As with all industries, there is bound to be will be a good (and interesting) mix of employees that you are going to get.

today.mims.com

22 Oct 2016 - General

I would agree that most of us will have encountered those 5 type of different characters of interns throughout our medical career. To be honest, most of the interns I have encountered were belonged to the “hard worker” type. Those “hard worker” interns are the group of interns that we would love the most, following instruction carefully, and would try their best to get jobs done as fast as possible, and as good as possible. Sometime, we do encounter some interns that were not as satisfactory as...
 (Total 106 words)
Regardless of which type of intern rotates under your wing, younger colleagues should not be treated as an extension of a resident's hands. They should be encouraged and taught for them to strive more since they will be a part of the future front-liners in the medical team. I believe that the wanderer, latecomer, and confused ones should be guided more because we have to remember that younger doctors have a higher learning curve and potential to learn. If we let them continue taking on old ...
 (Total 133 words)
We will all come across these few of people in our lives and career at some point of time, if you have not. In this millennium era, students or interns come in many shapes and size - i meant style and attitude towards their career path. It is quite normal to come across the hardworking ones. But we have to thank the latecomers cause without them, our lectures will be boring without a break and also for allowing the lecturer to emphasize on important parts of the lecture. The wanderers are quite ...
 (Total 123 words)
The absent minded/confused intern sounds like something normal when exposed to a new environment. Overly confused is another thing though. It is interesting to look at interns from different angles but as Priscilla Mae Gobuyan said people can change or can be a little bit of everything. The late comer although is considered to be the unprofessional one. Mishearing instructions is different from ignoring but both ...
 (Total 103 words)
Yay! This is an awesome article on the possible people employers will get to handle in an institution. For some of us who will be working in a new environment soon, these will be the type of colleagues that we will soon encounter. This is applicable not only in the healthcare team but in every job, there will always be the hardworker, latecomer, wanderer and so on. However what is being mentioned is just a generic description of the possible workers that we will soon get along. Sometimes in the ...
 (Total 144 words)