General
Troubled teens and abandoned babies: Alarming figures of teen pregnancy in Malaysia

Troubled teens and abandoned babies: Alarming figures of teen pregnancy in Malaysia

Shared by:

Soaring figures of teen pregnancies and baby dumping demand urgent intervention from the government to play a more proactive role in providing viable solutions.

today.mims.com

22 Oct 2016 - General

Teens pregnancy is a serious issue that should be addressed by a variety of responsible authority. It seems like the number of cases for teen pregnancy has been rising in Malaysia. The actual number of cases will always be higher than the known cases, due to lot of people will go unreported. There are a lot of factors that can lead to such undesirable social problem. Majority of the teen who get pregnant due to a variety of reasons, would not have the proper knowledge or understanding about the ...
 (Total 128 words)
I agree with you Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . This age brackets should be well educated. I think they are curious with what is sex all about and they tend to play with it. Which in the end, made them regret big time. They need a proper guidance and sex education at the same time. They should not be facing a motherhood at early age. They should be enjoying being a teenager. But unfortunately, this one happens. It is r...
 (Total 135 words)
This is indeed sad to hear. Imagine what effect this incident would have on the mind of the teenage mother. Imagine what effect would it have even when the girl grows up to get married and have children , how would she be able to bring up her children? it is for sure very devastating. As Priscilla Mae Gobuyan mentioned that this is happening all over the world, i agree to that. But one thing can be noted that th...
 (Total 220 words)
This news is terrible and alarming of course. Premarital pregnancies are a real problem now in Malaysia. But there are some points I couldn’t really understand!! What is the meaning of 28.8% of these teens fall between the ages of 10 and 19 years? According to any dictionary, teenager is a person between 13 and 19 years old. So I wonder about the remaining 72.2% age!! I highly doubt all the numbers in the article. If these data are real and there ...
 (Total 127 words)
Oh my goodness! Reading this article made my heart to ache so much. I am so speechless with the number of unwanted pregnancy with Malaysian teenagers. I am sure that this is not just happening in Malaysia but also all through out the world. The digits and survey results are really heart breaking. Even mentioning the age bracket of conceiving an infant from 12-19. Are you serious at 12 years old? You got to be kidding. I am just on my second year high school with that age ...
 (Total 134 words)