General
Family violence increases risk for many diseases while harming mental health, Canada's top doctor warns

Family violence increases risk for many diseases while harming mental health, Canada's top doctor warns

Shared by:

More than 230 Canadians a day are victims of family violence that gets reported to police, according to a new report.

www.cbc.ca

23 Oct 2016 - General

The fact that violence at home plays a big role in psycho social development of young children growing in these homes is pretty well understood. There have been many research that link the aggressive behavior of adults to violence they experienced as kids at homes. Same as mental health issues, family violence can have adverse effects on the physical health of a person too. o matter how far we come forward as a race, or how educated we claim to be, family violence is still very common in our soc...
 (Total 113 words)
There is no question that we are living in the 21 st century, still, there are cases of family violence reported at such an alarming rate. A majority of the victims are women and young children. I first thought that such activities will be less popular in developed countries. But, after reading this article, I think the case is same everywhere. The big fish eats the small fish- this principle is followed everywhere. I believe strong measures should be taken by the respective governments. The ser...
 (Total 139 words)