General
"People always say 'yes absolutely I'll give blood' but they don't" - Why are fewer people giving blood?

"People always say 'yes absolutely I'll give blood' but they don't" - Why are fewer people giving blood?

Shared by:

First time blood donation levels have dropped by a fifth in the last decade.

www.thejournal.ie

23 Oct 2016 - General

I think that the idea of donating blood is probably scary for most people. For some, even being pricked by a needle and seeing their own blood isn’t a pleasant experience, what more for donating blood? However, I think this concern can be answered by...
 (Total 120 words)
I would have to agree that lack of time is one of the reasons why less people are engaging in blood donation. This is specially true in institutions wherein there is a cue for donating blood. I agree with ...
 (Total 107 words)
When someone talks about his or her previous experience of a blood donation, everyone needs to donate blood. But when the situation comes they hesitate most of the time and there are a group of people who always go forward to donate blood. Some are a...
 (Total 114 words)
Yes Md Shamim Reza , totally agree that having sufficient storage of blood products in very important. A lot of medical or surgical emergencies will require the transfusion of blood product...
 (Total 117 words)
This is really a problem. Blood transfusion is a life saving procedure for the patients. Many people with haematological disorders can't live without regular transfusion. Many patients need blood transfusion for surgery. Even healthy people may h...
 (Total 149 words)
Blood donation is very important to keep the blood bank with sufficient supply of blood, for blood transfusion for the patients who require it for life saving purpose. Constant and adequate public donation of blood is required to replenish the blood ...
 (Total 121 words)