General
Hope for lung cancer patients: New therapy 40% more effective than chemotherapy

Hope for lung cancer patients: New therapy 40% more effective than chemotherapy

Shared by:

In a breakthrough third phase clinical trial involving non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients, a new treatment using a synthesised antibody that triggers the immune system to attack tumour cells has outperformed chemotherapy.

today.mims.com

23 Oct 2016 - General

Just like what Marinelle Castro said, this reminded me of the late senator who run for the Presidency just a few months ago. We have some patients also taking this clinical trial drug and it is really very much expensive indeed. Each pill costs thousands and if really proven by further research that it is better than chemotherapy, then a lot of people will opt to have this instead. It is painless, more efficient...
 (Total 124 words)
I am not sure what the latest census are saying, but I believe there is an overall reduction in the incidence of lung cancer. I think it is mostly because less people smoke in the present day than people used to 10 years back. Awareness of lung cancer among the general population, the gravity of the health problems smoking can bring and that it is preventable just by 'not smoking' is very high so the younger generation are increasingly becoming non smokers. Along with this trend, if we c...
 (Total 110 words)
This article reminded me of one of the presidential candidates who passed away recently due to lung cancer. I can recall that she claims to be under treatment with a "miracle drug" for lung cancer, and she was hoping it would work that's why she run for presidency despite her terminal illness. Unfortunately, she passed away, although I am uncertain she was taking any form of immunotherapy. I share the same insight that immunotherapy is a very promising form of treatment for various...
 (Total 131 words)
Immunotherapy drugs have gained attention in recent years for their dramatic effects on various cancers. There have been many studies trying to figure out a way to boost the benefits or extend them to more patients by coupling the medications with radiation. Usually, Immunotherapy is a treatment that uses certain parts of a person’s immune system to fight diseases such as cancer. This can be achieved either by stimulating own immune system to work harder or smarter to attack cancer cells or givi...
 (Total 119 words)