General
What can be done to improve the doctor-nurse relationship?

What can be done to improve the doctor-nurse relationship?

Shared by:

A positive doctor-nurse relationship is key to the provision of high-quality care to patients. What can doctors and nurses do to improve the relationship?

today.mims.com

23 Oct 2016 - General

Completely agree with the topic in all aspects. Just to mention one effective easy method to avoid Doctor-Nurse relationship is by considering nurses as your colleagues and not subordinates, because they are not . By following this simple rule i have mostly avoided those ugly situation that usually arise in the wards or in the er. Of Course this bad relationship or lack of communication eventually effect the patient care. I also agree with ...
 (Total 108 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz thank you for sharing this article, I believe that work atmosphere affects the workers and if there is tension or misunderstanding between workers no matter what are their positions will destruct the sole of workplace.
In any facility , if the tips mentioned in the article are taken in consideration, the result will be perfect and the work will go smoothly and the workers will be encouraged...
 (Total 144 words)
A healthy doctor-nurse relationship is important in any health care setting. Even in dentistry, we believe that it is important to maintain a good relationship with the assistants. The tips mentioned in this article are surely worth trying. I have seen dentists working with the same assistant for 10-15 years of a long time. If you invest your time and energy in your employees, believe in them and motivate them, trust them, then it surely pays the return in the long run. ...
 (Total 145 words)
In the 4 walls of the hospital, relationship between doctors and nurses is really important. Since the wellness of the health their patient relay on them. Without the collaboration of the two there will be a conflict to arise. It is always better to have a professional communication and respect to one another. Understanding the differences and each others roles and responsibilities will set a good environment in working place. It is also good if doctors and nurses help each other hand in hand...
 (Total 96 words)
When the relationship between doctors and nurses are strained, the quality of service that is being rendered to patients may suffer. All the elements that were mentioned in the article are important. Personally, I have high regard for nurses, and I appreciate the efforts that they put into their work. Their roles are diverse and I understand the challenges that are being imposed by the nature of their professional role. Its a lot better to establish a good working relationship because work becom...
 (Total 120 words)
This is a really good topic to discuss. Because I am quite sure that in each and every stations there are conflicts in between the nurses and the doctor. I experience them so much where I work now. That is all about communication. For an example when we say something to a nurse it should be shared with other co nurses. But when it does not happen the others go crazy on doctors. And one thing I must say, in Sri Lanka the situation is different. Doctors are the top ranked people in AL exam while t...
 (Total 119 words)
Doctors and nurses are the important team players in a healthcare settling. A healthcare system is not going to function at all without the doctors or the nurses. Hence, a good doctor-nurse relationship is very important for the best medical care for the patient. Mutual respect is vital. Doctors and nurses should always work and communicate in a professional manner. Any kind of disrespectful language or behaviour or shouting should not be occurred in the daily healthcare settling. A friendly, p...
 (Total 127 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz 2 keys providing health are doctors and nurses who are the pillars of Healthcare systems and another 2 pillars are pharmacist and research scientists. These 4 pillars should efficiently stand together in standup otherwise healthcare system will collapse. No one is superior and nothing to be inferior, keeping in mind all are the pillars of Healthcare system and standing together benifit the pati...
 (Total 84 words)
Doctors and nurses are the main two pillars in providing healthcare. Maximizing doctor nurse collaboration holds promise for improving patient care and creating satisfying work roles. Collaboration between physicians and nurses is rewarding when responsibility for patient well-being is shared. Professionalism is strengthened when all members take credit for group successes. Unfortunately the contribution of nursing toward the bottom line is often not as highlighted as doctors’ contribution. doct...
 (Total 127 words)