General
How can the shortage of organs for transplants be addressed?

How can the shortage of organs for transplants be addressed?

Shared by:

Organ trafficking is common, even in Malaysia, but surely it is not the way to go, to meet the need of organs. Should countries learn from Singapore and impose a law requiring donations by all after death?

today.mims.com

23 Oct 2016 - General

Theekshana Abayawickrama Dear Theekshan, thanking you for adding artificial organ into the topic. Artificial organ surgeries are more costlier than normal organ surgeries and artificial organs are definitely a source of primary in future if the surgery prices are slashes down. But my view artificial organs prone with motor failures, infections, bleeding and strokes. Please express your surgical exposure in this re...
 (Total 67 words)
With advancements in medical technology, more and more patients survive diseases up until the point where there is no step forward without organ transplantation. For example end stage renal disease, end stage liver disease, severe heart failure, severe pulmonary disease. patients with these conditions survive for a long time thanks to advanced medical treatment that we have. So this high demand for organs is difficult to be met with only organ donors. I think we have to consider alternatives for...
 (Total 121 words)
With advancements in medical technology, more and more patients survive diseases up until the point where there is no step forward without organ transplantation. For example end stage renal disease, end stage liver disease, severe heart failure, severe pulmonary disease. patients with these conditions survive for a long time thanks to advanced medical treatment that we have. So this high demand for organs is difficult to be met with only organ donors. I think we have to consider alternatives for...
 (Total 121 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Marinelle Castro Humans are less interest about organ donation than any other health subject and is last lesson for few only. Our organ saves life of another human when our life ends and instead of wasting it one should be in the part of donation. Education about organ donation is helpful dealing in the...
 (Total 73 words)
I think every person in society should be made aware of the importance of organ donation. Whether a prisoner or a professional, everyone has to be briefed about how donating their viable organs upon their death could save lives and have a good impact on the nation’s wellness. Though it would be unethical for the law to force citizens to donate their organs, the best thing is to influence people to be open-minded about organ donation. I agree that as early as a young age, students should be educa...
 (Total 180 words)
Organ donation is a very sensitive topic. In our country, the waiting list for kidney and liver transplants are also long. The demand for organs are increasing, but willing donors are few. I guess what we can do is to strengthen the drive for donation. For prisoners, it is really unethical to retrieve their organs without their consent. In my opinion, every person should be given an opportunity to decide on this matter on several opportunities - when applying for a driver's license, when app...
 (Total 137 words)