General
Myths, Misconceptions, Realities of Telemedicine

Myths, Misconceptions, Realities of Telemedicine

Shared by:

Now that we have explored the foundations of telemedicine from the inside, we round up this interview series by debunking the common misunderstandings people have of this relatively new field of clinical practice.

today.mims.com

24 Oct 2016 - General

Jennifer Winter Its good to hear about your perusal of telemedicine, you are right person to contact about the topic. I will markup for any I need clarification further. Yes my mistakenly happens these type events. However we can't play with Google for our health problems. Sometimes it may help us it may kills us if time bad. Thanking you for sharing your experiences. Please add further about missing about to...
 (Total 71 words)
Madhubabu kaaja: regarding the adult patient with foot pain who selected pediatrics thought that "pediatrics" meant foot doctor= podiatrist. I take it might have been a case where the patient misread the choice. It was just an example I could think of from the top of my head. I know I had a male patient who selected gynecology or obstetrics as a specialty choice (as I was doing General Practice for Telem...
 (Total 251 words)
Telemedicine is a promising field for the new age of healthcare professionals because we have to adapt to the advances of technology. This could potentially help decongest emergency rooms filled with "outpatient" cases because a healthcare professional advice is a click away. A patient needs reassurance all the time and he/she may not see the need to go to the emergency room once doubts are removed. ...
 (Total 101 words)
Jennifer Winter It seems patient using telemedicine for secondary opinion in some cases and this is more beneficial for multilingual doctors that dealing with over the globe. But majority cases English may workout well, finally consulting paediatrician for an adult I am not getting hpw to respond. Any way it seems interesting and challenging too. ...
 (Total 86 words)
Marinelle Castro for the company I worked for our credentials weren't posted which contributed to the issue of how real the person at the other end is. Normally there are credentials present for the platforms that provide a diagnosis. The ones who allow diagnosing have to be licensed physicians in the country the person is consulting from. My patients came from US, Canada, parts or Europe etc. and I only gave...
 (Total 130 words)
I guess that is one of the disadvantage of not being entirely visible to the patient - some of them might think that the people behind the computer are not healthcare professionals. Jennifer Winter aren't the doctors' credentials posted upon consultation? Actually I am still unfamiliar about the platform of telemedicine because I haven't seen any online portals. Would like to ...
 (Total 117 words)
Nice article. Many people avoid telemedicine for that kind of thinking. At the beginning of my career I also had some interest to provide telemedicine service. But it is really not popular in my country. And even in world perspective it is still a child, as the article says. Though it is getting popular day by day, there are some problem too. Telemedicine has some usefulness in consulting general health conditions, but not suitable for emergency management. We can know only symptoms of the patie...
 (Total 154 words)