General

What are the meat sweats?

Created by:

25 Oct 2016 - General

Though they’re said to be real, the meat sweats are more of an old wives’ tale than they are a medical malady. Regardless, it is hypothesized that the combination of increasing amounts of adrenaline and protein cause the body to increase in temperature and subsequently cause an eater to sweat… profusely. The meat sweat rumors are kept alive mostly by competitive eaters.When you’re really packing down ribs or wings you just start sweating. It’s a scientific thing.” What is likely happening to You and others who are wolfing down meat is that the combined adrenaline and protein consumption are causing a surge that leads to perspiration. But the scientific evidence does not show that meat sweats are a real thing.

Habiba Twakkol thanks for posting this topic. it's interesting

Mark Edmon Tan Yup, that makes sense too. Thanks for...
 (Total 68 words)
Cool to see this term called meat sweats. It is the first time I have ever seen it too. There have been a lot of theories posted here and I would like to chime in too. I am basing the theory on the biochemical property of protein. Protein contains ni...
 (Total 110 words)
There are some theories regarding the meat sweats. One, due to the high salt content in many cured meats – your body sweating more in an effort to expel the extra sodium. Two, the pure adrenaline experienced while eating anoth...
 (Total 116 words)
Ohhh I'd love to have some meat sweats right now. Lol

I'm more of a savory person more than a sweets kind of person, contrary to what most girls would prefer. I'd rather have wings and steak than a bar of chocolate. When you scar...
 (Total 108 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz thank you for your comment , spices can elevate body temperature and cause sweating but what is the reason for that?
 (Total 47 words)
It is not common term among health care professionals and I have read it for the first time. After carrying out research about it I come to know that meat sweat is a large amount of sweat produced after eating any type of meat. Medically it is an uns...
 (Total 110 words)
It is not common term among health care professionals and I have read it for the first time. After carrying out research about it I come to know that meat sweat is a large amount of sweat produced after eating any type of meat. Medically it is an uns...
 (Total 110 words)
Sweating is usually a physiological response to cool down the hot body temperature. If eating or drinking a specific food raises your body temperature, then your body will try to cool itself with sweating. I am also not sure about the link between ea...
 (Total 119 words)