General
Do healthcare professionals need to rest when they fall sick?

Do healthcare professionals need to rest when they fall sick?

Shared by:

With healthcare knowledge in hand, healthcare professionals are at an advantage in understanding what happens when they fall sick. However, some can remain adamant and argue that they do not need to rest when they fall ill.

today.mims.com

25 Oct 2016 - General

No problem Madhubabu kaaja I understand your point of view perfectly well. I only added onto your example wherein conditions of chronic leg pain may get in the way of sufficient doctoring. O...
 (Total 152 words)
Jennifer Winter "sick doctor is useless doctor" is dependent on the condition that why I used a simple example of leg pain task for ...
 (Total 75 words)
Jennifer Winter, thanks for your comment, "a sick doctor is a useless doctor" is not literally useless, but there is certainly an impact to the efficiency and possibility an increased risk of errors suppose the doctor is unwell.
Madhuba...
 (Total 122 words)
Most of the healthcare professionals would try their best of not to absence from working due to sickness. Sometime, they do force themselves to go to work when feeling sick, because of a variety of reasons, like do not want to let fellow colleagues t...
 (Total 157 words)
Madhubabu kaaja: being the kind of person who likes to relate popular culture to a lot of topics I thought of Dr. House when you mentioned a doctor with severe leg pain. "a sick doctor ...
 (Total 113 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Thanking you for sharing a personal experience. Being sick for 9days and staying alone without help of parents I can't just imagine. Nurses will take care Nurses w...
 (Total 42 words)
I can directly related to the topic. I remembered the time when I was admitted just January this year for 9 day diagnosed with asthma. I feel so helpless, no one to take care for me while admitted because my family was away from me. I was too confide...
 (Total 171 words)
I can directly related to the topic. I remembered the time when I was admitted just January this year for 9 day diagnosed with asthma. I feel so helpless, no one to take care for me while admitted because my family was away from me. I was too confide...
 (Total 171 words)
Mark Edmon Tan pressure on strained wire makes it break. The same phenomenon applicable to healthcare professionals too. Overloading on fully loaded man can't do even good it will made ...
 (Total 34 words)
Rajinda Asalage Its everybody right to take rest in sick conditions nothing wrong with that and any organisation should provide benifit to take leave for better working another day otherwis...
 (Total 51 words)
Jennifer Winter Chih Chiang Nieh Sick is unable to perform both physical and mental activities. A doctor is sick with severe le...
 (Total 44 words)
Jennifer Winter It is fact what you told a sick person cannot cure a sick person always. Both physically and mentally unfit for job. Instead of curing we may create another problem to the p...
 (Total 37 words)
I agree with Chih Chiang Nieh on how a sick doctor is a useless doctor. As much as we are still able to function the fact that we are not optimally functioning means that we are more prone...
 (Total 169 words)
To me, "A sick doctor is a useless doctor." If a healthcare worker is sick, he should be allowed ample of time to take break and recover, because firstly, being sick, the efficiency and ability to concentrate drops, and this increases the c...
 (Total 168 words)
Yes indeed. I am on what I have commented before. All occupations are hard. Every working person suffers because of the matters in the work place. But as we all know, medicine is the most stressful course and the occupation among the all occupations ...
 (Total 109 words)
Madhubabu kaaja That is exactly my point. This will increase the burden on other doctors who will compensate for a co-workers absence. This applies not only to doctors but all healthcare pro...
 (Total 115 words)
Madhubabu kaaja thank you for sharing this article, anyone in every facility should rest when feels ill,
Ignoring your body and mind will cause consequences that will affect your work,ot...
 (Total 115 words)
Of course we need rest. We are humans too. The workload we have and responsibilities we carry are extremely heavy and exhausting. Sometimes due to the abnormal or lack of sleep and insufficient vitamins due to irregular and unhealthy food we consume ...
 (Total 119 words)
Really. Asking us if we need a rest if we are sick. Tskk. Of course we need rest. Thats why sick leave was made. It is given to those who can't make it to work because of sickness. However, in my experience some health care professional prefers t...
 (Total 140 words)