General
Pharmacists: What painkiller is best for mild to moderate pain?

Pharmacists: What painkiller is best for mild to moderate pain?

Shared by:

Not all pain is equal, and neither are painkillers. Pain is one of the most common symptoms and its presence is almost ubiquitous in all diseases and injuries, hence this is an important area for all healthcare professionals to note.

today.mims.com

25 Oct 2016 - General

Some patients experience a mild to moderated burning sensation when they take PCM alone. Actually mind it that it is not a proven scientific fact that PCM causes gastric irritation. But what I think is that most of the patients in our ward are being ...
 (Total 104 words)
Rajinda Asalage Thanking you for sharing about pain killers of general use. You covered a vast range starting from basic pain to post operative pain. It is good to see all at one place. Why...
 (Total 52 words)
As a starter of pain relief, we usually use paracetamol and if it is on continuous use we add a H-2 receptor blocker or a proton pump inhibitor. Paracetamol is the best drug for those who have pains with fever. Using a non steroidal anti inflammatory...
 (Total 130 words)
In pediatric practice also, paracetamol is the the preferred analgesic most of the times. For relief of post surgcal pain, we prefer the per rectal route mostly because patients are kept nill by mouth after surgery so administration of per rectal ana...
 (Total 100 words)
Mark Edmon Tan obviously Paracetamol is first selection for alone and combinations therapy for analagesics and thanking you for sharing your practical views in pain management. I would like...
 (Total 75 words)
For analgesic naive patients, paracetamol will do the trick. Some prescribe paracetamol at 1 gram q8 but I prefer to prescribe 500mg q6 for pain. For patients who have used painkillers, combination of NSAIDs and paracetamol is a must to afford pain r...
 (Total 151 words)