General
"Just a nurse": A nurse speaks up against her profession being devalued

"Just a nurse": A nurse speaks up against her profession being devalued

Shared by:

A Queensland nurse’s impassioned Facebook post hitting back at people belittling her profession has gone viral, sparking conversation about the value of nursing.

today.mims.com

26 Oct 2016 - General

I am agreeing with you in terms of salary variation between filed of work to field of work exists baed on preference needed. But I am not expecting for scope, I am expecting for what I am doing. Salary not only dependent on scope but also location, education, experience, performance, riskiness, management policies and so on. We will get paid for what we are doing, if we not got means we should work where we get. Interns of respect and work is dependent on person to person and case to case. Thank...
 (Total 100 words)
FIrst and foremost, it is crucial for the nursing profession to be proud of their own identity. As a registered nurse myself, i've seen numerous nurses hating their day to day job. One way to prevent this common 'devaluing' is to increase and upgrade ourselves regularly. Most nurses get content with their current state, preventing upgrading of certs and post-grad qualifications. This will be a way to reduce to the common notion of 'just a nurse...', especially to the eyes of ...
 (Total 121 words)
Ah I have heard that "just a nurse" line many times over. It is sad that people think that as the nursing profession is quite a tedious one. Work as a doctor is hard but being a nurse as well I would rather do the work of a doctor as a nurse's job has different stress level that I would rather not face. Kudos to all the nurses who are able to work under immense pressure from all the medical professionals and from the patients and even their watchers. I really do not like how nurses...
 (Total 124 words)
Oh I hear this a lot and it's not very nice. I remember my bestfriend who was an intern back then, she was telling me about this guy who was courting her and I said, "Go for it!" but she said, "He's just a nurse..." I kinda felt bad that she said that, I dunno why she did. I mean, I know this is not a general thing, but I hear this a lot and I think it's sad that nurses get undervalued not just in the workplace... For me, there are roles in the workplace and in th...
 (Total 139 words)
I think I've seen the original post on facebook regarding this one. As a nurse we are bombarded and bound to face a lot of problems everyday going from the tiny detailed complained up to the most stupid things which isn't already under our scope such as the aircon is not cooling very well etc. Now maybe what has just happened to the nurse is that as being mentioned, it's just another tiring day wherein it has just sinked in after a million incident that people used to call and belitt...
 (Total 306 words)
I think I've seen the original post on facebook regarding this one. As a nurse we are bombarded and bound to face a lot of problems everyday going from the tiny detailed complained up to the most stupid things which isn't already under our scope such as the aircon is not cooling very well etc. Now maybe what has just happened to the nurse is that as being mentioned, it's just another tiring day wherein it has just sinked in after a million incident that people used to call and belitt...
 (Total 306 words)
chatanya n The situation in India is not bad and not good in my view means a mixed response you can expect from me. Some where you can find devaled and less respectful job not only in India but also in rest of India. It depends on several factors people's mental attitude. Every field equipped with a good and bad persons. Being bad persons profession will never become bad. The statements about your bad is beca...
 (Total 112 words)