General
Gender Gap In Alcohol Consumption Has Almost Vanished

Gender Gap In Alcohol Consumption Has Almost Vanished

Shared by:

The gender gap in alcohol consumption has almost vanished, according to a new study, which says women are binge drinking nearly as much as men due to a booming ‘wine o’clock’ culture. Women face same health

healthscienceandtechnology.com

26 Oct 2016 - General

Fedelic Ashish Toppo
To keep health risks from alcohol to a low level if you drink most weeks:
men and women are advised not to drink more than 14 units a week on a regular basis
spread your drinking over three or more days if you regularly drink as much as 14 units a week
if you want to cut down, try to have several drink-free days each week
If you're pregnant or think you could become p...
 (Total 189 words)
Yes. That is true Fedelic. Here in our place, i have noticed that both genders (young man and woman) engage in drinking too much alcohol. There is no limit or boundaries in disposing alcoholic drinks. So, it is the reason why anyone can access these beverages. Nowadays, alcoholism is not only applicable to one gender. It is now universal especially to younger ones. They think that drinking too much means you are cool just like others. Maybe because of peer pressure and curiosity at the same time...
 (Total 124 words)
It is not that women should not be allowed to drink. It is their right to decide whether they consume alcohol or not. But coming from an asian country with a religious background, women who drink generally make a bad impression on my mind. It is a sad thing to here that the number of women who drink is on the rise. The same thing is slowly happening for smoking. Although it is not as common as alcohol, the number of women who smoke has also increased drastically over the past decade. I think gov...
 (Total 102 words)
Rajinda Asalage Marinelle Castro I think this is becoming more of a global problem now because alcohol consumption is also being consumed at a younger age. In the Philippines, it is really a concern because we have very lax rules when it comes to driving under the influence of alcohol. Breathalyzers are available but I have not he...
 (Total 109 words)
I agree with Mark Edmon Tan that this is one of the negative aspects of gender equity, along with the other vices that were previously more prevalent among men. In our region, this is also an upcoming problem. More women are starting to take up the habit of drinking, and in fact, I personally know of some ladies who can drink more than men do! However, the capacity to drink alcohol doesn't really say anythin...
 (Total 135 words)
That change would not been felt much in a western country. But I must say sadly now a days the population of females who consume alcohol is rising rapidly. That has become a real issue in our country. Because a woman is the mainstay of a family. The mother keeps the family integrated. As we all know alcohol makes lots of economical, health, mental and social problems. So the whole family might get collapsed if the mother is alcoholic and addicted to it. Actually the trend has become vise versa. ...
 (Total 113 words)
Gender equity has a lot to do with it. Men and women on equal footing is nice. Now, both genders are given the same rights and privileges which is something that I truly agree with. One drawback with gender equity for women though is increase in alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking. Society has accepted that it is okay for women to drink and smoke without being judged and this has led to more increased incidence of alcohol and nicotine abuse. This study rightfully points to the fact that ma...
 (Total 136 words)