General
7 qualities that doctors can learn from business leaders

7 qualities that doctors can learn from business leaders

Shared by:

Doctors are trained to follow tried and tested methods, but they can do well to learn from business leaders as medical problems become increasingly complex in modern world.

today.mims.com

27 Oct 2016 - General

Madhubabu kaaja Yes you are right to be a good communicator you have to be a good listener first. I only meant to mention both skills in no particular order there :) Often times listening comes first but in cases of patients who do not communicate well it is our job to do the communicating. We need to find a way to get them to open up and this can be done by establishing good rapport seen in the way you communicat...
 (Total 105 words)
Yes, these are all very good qualities to have. Leadership, taking initiative, good communication skills, good listening skills, ability to move forward, emotionally stable and integrity. The ability to move forward is a good and important skill because in the workplace you will encounter conflicts and problems that you should be strong enough to just depart from, at the end of the day, so that it does not overcome you. Dwelling on things will only contribute to your destruction--especially emot...
 (Total 112 words)
Good communication skills and listening skills is very important. It is not only to get an adequate history but also to be able to establish a good rapport with patients. Business people got their personal relations skills down and we should take note from them in that matter. We are not trying to sell a product for profit but we are trying to "sell" good health solutions and by speaking well we can achieve just that. I found the comparison under emotionally stable interesting on how b...
 (Total 129 words)
I guess these qualities are all necessary in any work force where one has to be a leader. In order to be a leader, one has to be able to also be a team player, a follower and apply the 7 points mentioned. I think this is not just pertaining to business, but it is part and parcel of working as a team. In medicine, teamwork is very important, as no man is an island, but every man is an island connected by bridges with the other islands - such is a quote from one of a renowned professor of surgery ...
 (Total 141 words)
I agree with Alan Rosmadi that these are characteristics that should be developed by everyone working in the healthcare industry. Heena Pohani I know of a lot of doctors who are businessminded. In fact, in our region, there's a relatively new course that's being offered. It combines both degrees of Medicine and Master...
 (Total 134 words)
Madhubabu kaaja nice article for discussion. I agree with Heena Pohani about a private clinic and those who have some experience of running a private clinic would also agree . While setting up a clinic you just have to think like a true businessman . Every aspect of the work. Only then you could succeed in the endeavour . And all 7...
 (Total 103 words)
I believe that all health care professionals need most, if not all, of the skills mentioned in the article, especially if you are in a position where you have to manage people, services, or even when having your own private practice. Many of us are always involved in various decision making processes, be it involving people, patients or services. Thus, having some business skills like those mentioned here are ideal. Plus, with these skills, we will also be able to better manage our work life, be...
 (Total 100 words)
Madhubabu kaaja thank you for sharing this article it is really interesting and useful.
The career of hcps is endless and they Need to continue learning and developing themselves always as the diseases increase and people are with different mentalities, so they need to always up to date themselves to reach the best results always.
Business skills mentioned in the article are beneficial to anyone in any wor...
 (Total 138 words)
To have effective business skills is important for any doctor especially those who are planning to have an independent practice. The ideas and tips mentioned in this article are very great. It is important to have good communication skills, good listening skills and the ability to integrate into any environment and to be emotionally stable during ups and downs. Also, one more thing can be learned from the businessman and that is taking calculative risks. Many times I have seen doctors who are ca...
 (Total 145 words)