General
Second fire in Hospital Sultanah Aminah, MOH assures situation under control

Second fire in Hospital Sultanah Aminah, MOH assures situation under control

Shared by:

Before the nation could come to terms with the deadly fire in the ICU of HSA yesterday, a second fire has occurred in the hospital’s operation theatre this afternoon.

today.mims.com

27 Oct 2016 - General

Ironically the morning I read about the fire in the ICU of that hospital we had our fire drill in the hospital. Everyone had assigned roles, people were tagged as incident commanders, evaluators etc It was my first time to attend such a fire drill as there was a lot of acting and pretending like there was an actual fire as fire hoses were carried out of the wards and turned on to blast the pretend fire. It looked comical but it felt real enough. It just made me realize more on the importance of ...
 (Total 125 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Theekshana Abayawickrama Yes its the same hospital. The hospital is as old as build in 1880s around that might cause for electrical short circuit and govt thinking to plan a new building. Govt doing best in care and prevention the patients get well soon. They are lucky enough for low smoke so are able to walkway...
 (Total 69 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Theekshana Abayawickrama Yes its the same hospital. The hospital is as old as build in 1880s around that might cause for electrical short circuit and govt thinking to plan a new building. Govt doing best in care and prevention the patients get well soon. They are lucky enough for low smoke so are able to walkway...
 (Total 69 words)
It is saddening to hear the fact that in a place where security and protection are supposed to be maximum has space for these type of incidents to occur. If it was just one episode of fire we could have put it into the bin of coincidences, but the same thing happening again a day apart, I think there are parties who should be held responsible. They were lucky that the fire did not spread and did not claim any lives of innocent patients or healthcare workers but in my opinion they should close do...
 (Total 114 words)
Awww. Another incident in the same hospital? This is a traumatic event for those who survived and surely this incident will give bad name for the hospital. I guess the administration should check there facilities and electrical circuit first before operating and serving the public. Hospitals are the ones who help and save people not put their lives at risk. They should secure the safety of their staffs too. This is sad for the reputation of the hospital. I hope for the fast recovery of those who...
 (Total 92 words)