General
How can a nursing degree lead to a career as a nursing educator?

How can a nursing degree lead to a career as a nursing educator?

Shared by:

A nursing degree offers multiple career options in the nursing field, one of which is the nursing educator. With a growing demand for nurse educators worldwide, greater opportunities have become available for those who have an interest in this profession.

today.mims.com

28 Oct 2016 - General

Rajinda Asalage Nursing profession stands in Top 1 and Healthcare stands in Top 4 position. Do you know in which. Can you guess. Just think you will get the answer. Those are in the top depressing jobs. As a HCPs I can understand your feel. Clinical instructor should be competent to make nursing students bright. As you said skill, communication and ability to teach of teacher effects student. Thanking you for you...
 (Total 73 words)
Working as a health care worker is a hell of an occupation. Why I say like that, because one little mistake might value one's life. That could be a doctor, a nursing officer, an attendant, a minor staff worker everyone should be very keen and quick to be a health care worker. So that competency should be there. Nurses are the ones who engage with the patient next to the doctors. So they must be trained and practiced thoroughly. So a degree program making the tutors to train nurses will be re...
 (Total 109 words)
I have met some nurse educators. Some of them entirely abandoned clinical practice because they have passion for teaching. Some of them do this as a part time job, in addition to their clinical work. I agree with Kathleen Peralta that this is not just a day job, that's why I admire people who take this as a part-time job. I believe that being a clinical instructor can be a very tough job because they have a ...
 (Total 118 words)
Kathleen Peralta Thanking you for sharing your views nd experiences about Nurse educator who enables in clinical, diagnostic and educational areas. However, its not mentioned about timing, schedule etc but is open to all about educator profile who may work in shifts some times have to work more than prescribed time. For what we are working should be keep in mind about career prospects. We can work as free time or...
 (Total 89 words)
In Philippines, we also refer nurse educators as Clinical Instructors. Recently, we celebrated Teacher's day and I have said my heartfelt gratitude to the teachers who shared their knowledge and skills whilst I was studying Nursing. Clinical Instructors do play a vital role in honing the future nurses. At some point in our student nurses days, there will always be this one or two educators that will leave a mark and become an inspiration. Being a nurse educator compensates well but what the ...
 (Total 157 words)