General
Flying Doctors help bridge the urban-rural healthcare divide in Malaysia
 

Flying Doctors help bridge the urban-rural healthcare divide in Malaysia

Shared by:

 
While 90% of Malaysians live within close vicinity of a clinic, the remaining 10% live in remote areas and face problems of healthcare availability and accessibility.
 
today.mims.com
 
28 Oct 2016 - General
 
It is good to see that their are doctors who willingly offer their services to far flung areas. These areas needs help and free services especially in health care program. Just like here in the Philippines their are programs that promotes health care in rural areas. It is really needed because most people in these areas are not knowlegeable enough on the basic treatment and first aid thing. Atleast with the help of doctors, people in this areas will surely gain enough knowledge in their health...
 (Total 88 words)
Rural areas and underdeveloped regions of the world face the problem of access to healthcare. In some parts, even if the people get the healthcare facilities, still the specialist care seems not to be there. In a healthcare plan or health budget of any country, it is important to promote and develop health facilities to rural areas. This article mentions some good ideas about that. The article also mentions the use of technological advancements like telemedicine to develop and promote health ser...
 (Total 143 words)