General
Becoming a superdoctor: What is your Kryptonite?

Becoming a superdoctor: What is your Kryptonite?

Shared by:

All humans have weaknesses, medical professionals included. Recognising yours is a good first step towards overcoming them.

today.mims.com

29 Oct 2016 - General

Yes indeed that is the perfect example I know for charging a doctor for the medical errors. I am happy you watched it after I recommended to watch it. Actually that was the thing to be happen when we make mistakes as doctors. A recent experience is there. In my unit one of my senior doctors has done an amputation of a hand finger after a crush injury which was not viable. That was done with the opinions of the consultant paediatric surgeon and the consultant orthopaedic surgeon. But after the am...
 (Total 116 words)
Rajinda Asalage I have seen "Ankur Aurora Murder case" movie. Wah, Superb and extraordinary. No words to express. The perfect excample for medical errors that caused death. A mother-A child-Appendicitis-Food-For gotten Rails tube-Famous surgeon-Medical Interns-Nurses-Lawyers-......oh superb story line and editing. Thanks for sharing. One can want they can see on following link
https://www.youtube.c...
 (Total 53 words)
We have to accept that no one is perfect. In Sri Lanka, the medical faculty qualifiers are being selected as the highest scores in advanced level exam. But they also make mistakes in managing the patients. Even after becoming a consultant following few post graduate exams also they earn mistakes. As an example I would like to mention one of the Hindi movies I have watched that is 'Ankur Arora murder case'. So making a perfect doctor is bit difficult and everyone makes mistakes. But there...
 (Total 106 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for the kind words and well wishes. You speak the truth. Everyday we have to be very honest with ourselves. One mentor in our university always told us to be very disciplined and tough on yourself. Improve on things you truly know are your weaknesses. He told us that we have to keep on working on our craft day in and day out in order to reach the upper echelon of doctors. I am impressed w...
 (Total 161 words)
Practically, my weakness has always been laboratory work. When I was a student, I did not pay too much attention on laboratory work because I knew that dentists send out their work to laboratories, anyway. Of course I know lab work, i wouldn't have passed the licensure examination if I didn't because ours is two part, but to this day I perform minimal laboratory work in the clinic (just some troubleshoot and repair), I usually send things to the lab. On the emotional front, I am not good...
 (Total 168 words)
Mark Edmon Tan The kryptonite should come from heart not from the mind. It should come deep from the heart without considering any other concerns. It is your honesty and frankness in expressing your weakness. The one who agrees, has a strength to overcome it. You may be new to the technology but after some time of repeated use you will get a vast knowledge. You will become an expert musculoskeletal ultrasound. I ...
 (Total 85 words)
I agree with everyone that doctors are not perfect and we have our own share of weaknesses. Its better to be open about it because being open means that we are aware of our personal areas of improvement. In my case, it is using the bone rongeur. It is a cutting instrument that requires strength of the intrinsic hand muscles. Sometimes i find it hard to use this instrument especially in areas wherein the calvarium is thick. At present, I am trying to improve on this area by by doing strengthening...
 (Total 116 words)
Weakness does not only apply to academics but also to work situations as well. We all have to look in the mirror and be honest that we have weaknesses. All of us have to accept that we are humans too. My kryptonite would be performing musculoskeletal ultrasound as of the moment. It is relatively new to our field and I am finding ways to improve by augmenting practice with reading. Musculoskeletal ultrasound is really helpful because we can visualize soft tissues and bone edges without exposing p...
 (Total 121 words)