General
Becoming a superdoctor: What is your Kryptonite?

Becoming a superdoctor: What is your Kryptonite?

Shared by:

All humans have weaknesses, medical professionals included. Recognising yours is a good first step towards overcoming them.

today.mims.com

29 Oct 2016 - General

Yes indeed that is the perfect example I know for charging a doctor for the medical errors. I am happy you watched it after I recommended to watch it. Actually that was the thing to be happen when we make mistakes as doctors. A recent experience is t...
 (Total 116 words)
Rajinda Asalage I have seen "Ankur Aurora Murder case" movie. Wah, Superb and extraordinary. No words to express. The perfect excample for medical errors that caused death. A moth...
 (Total 53 words)
Rajinda Asalage as your experience is evident to say that no one is Mr perfect in world even experts can prone to mistakes. I have seen trailer of movie it is a medical thriller. I try to ...
 (Total 48 words)
We have to accept that no one is perfect. In Sri Lanka, the medical faculty qualifiers are being selected as the highest scores in advanced level exam. But they also make mistakes in managing the patients. Even after becoming a consultant following f...
 (Total 106 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for the kind words and well wishes. You speak the truth. Everyday we have to be very honest with ourselves. One mentor in our university always told us to be very d...
 (Total 161 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto I too afraid of my lab work in my Pharmacology lab. We have to dissect frog rectus abdominal muscle and have to identify the effect of drug on the muscle. It is diffi...
 (Total 69 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto I too afraid of my lab work in my Pharmacology lab. We have to dissect frog rectus abdominal muscle and have to identify the effect of drug on the muscle. It is diffi...
 (Total 69 words)
Practically, my weakness has always been laboratory work. When I was a student, I did not pay too much attention on laboratory work because I knew that dentists send out their work to laboratories, anyway. Of course I know lab work, i wouldn't ha...
 (Total 168 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh You are right, at the end of the day we should interpret what we have done and the good things gives a happiness and bad things which we done should be rectified. other wi...
 (Total 43 words)
@[Madhubabu kaaja] Yes, I do agree with you, hence we should always spend sometime at the end of the day to reflect and meditate on what good and bad things have we done and try to avoid any bad things from happening in future. Good things we should ...
 (Total 51 words)
Marinelle Castro I would like to appreciate you frankness and open to your sharing weakness. Change your food style it further increases your muscle strength to excercise. It is not a big d...
 (Total 47 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh yes, no one is an error free. Recognising own error is easy but recovering from error and reoccurrence of error is crucial. Come out of from weakness then life and career ...
 (Total 44 words)
Jennifer Winter Thanking you for sharing your weakness i.e. being a doctor you should not shy for anything. I am glad to see you in identifying and controlling reasons to shy. Just think ab...
 (Total 58 words)
Mark Edmon Tan The kryptonite should come from heart not from the mind. It should come deep from the heart without considering any other concerns. It is your honesty and frankness in expres...
 (Total 85 words)
I agree with everyone that doctors are not perfect and we have our own share of weaknesses. Its better to be open about it because being open means that we are aware of our personal areas of improvement. In my case, it is using the bone rongeur. It i...
 (Total 116 words)
No one in this world is perfect, and we all have our weaknesses. What is most important is to recognise and identify our weaknesses and convert it into our strength. It is easier said than done but many have done so. @[Jennifer Winter] I totally agr...
 (Total 79 words)
My kryptonite would basically be my shyness. That is slowly dissipating as I need to battle this or else I will be eaten alive. I try to speak up more and wear a more stern face when needed. For procedures and the like I would say that I am no Jedi M...
 (Total 92 words)
Weakness does not only apply to academics but also to work situations as well. We all have to look in the mirror and be honest that we have weaknesses. All of us have to accept that we are humans too. My kryptonite would be performing musculoskeletal...
 (Total 121 words)