General
New research suggests cannabis could enhance night vision

New research suggests cannabis could enhance night vision

Shared by:

Cannabis can have some pretty strange effects on our bodies , but new research suggests there's another potential benefit of the drug - better night vision.

www.sciencealert.com

29 Oct 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Thank you for clarifying this issue. I thought that this was immediately shut down by the department of health. Cannabis use has to be really regulated under the most strict guidelines because people have a tendency to abuse this plant. I think cannabis has to be viewed in fair light as like the use of other regulated drugs such as morphine. These drugs are without a doubt addictive but can be th...
 (Total 118 words)
Marinelle Castro Thank you for clarifying this issue. I thought that this was immediately shut down by the department of health. Cannabis use has to be really regulated under the most strict guidelines because people have a tendency to abuse this plant. I think cannabis has to be viewed in fair light as like the use of other regulated drugs such as morphine. These drugs are without a doubt addictive but can be th...
 (Total 118 words)
Mark Edmon Tan From what I remember the DOH has a special clause for the use of medical marijuana in cancer patients. The way I understand it, it is not prohibited, but physicians have to do the application for the approval of its use for their patients. I guess this is the government's way of preventing the high abuse potential of this medication. Anyway, I have read a lot of articles and studies that canna...
 (Total 116 words)
Cannabis is well known for multiple strange effects on our body but another positive effect related to cannabis is invented. The use of cannabis can improve the night vision, a research study was carried out in tadpoles and it's been seen that cannabis can make retina cells more sensitive to light so will help people to see better in low light. It could also treat degenerative eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa. Cannabinoid ingredient of cannabis binds with the CB1 receptor and inhib...
 (Total 115 words)
This is quite new, Theekshana Abayawickrama . Cannabis is slowly making its way into the medical field via continuously showing promising finding in recent researches. Though not tested yet in the human eye, the study clearly shows that tadpoles were seeing things better in the dark with the aid of cannabis. The question that still remains though is that if the visual cortex was not playing a part in this finding....
 (Total 144 words)
Another interesting finding. Theekshana Abayawickrama: why spend so much money on night vision goggles when cannabis can do the trick right? hehe but yes jokes aside I would like to see more research on the benefits of Marijuana as there are a lot of them. It really is due time that it becomes a more widely used medical treatment as this plant has apparently so much to offer. It unfortunately has been abused for q...
 (Total 98 words)
Planning to buy a new night vision glass for the next outing. Well you might be able to save the money, because according to this articles cannabis can give you night vision! Well jokes apart, although it won't be able to allow us to see in the dark, the effects of cannabis will be helpful in enhancing the ability of humans to see in low light conditions. And the more promising application of this effect is treatment of degenerative eye conditions such as retinitis pigmentosa. There is so mu...
 (Total 117 words)