General
9 tips to improve your posture... whilst driving - Posture Direct

9 tips to improve your posture... whilst driving - Posture Direct

Shared by:

Image courtesy of suphakit73 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net Do you drive? … I am certain that a vast majority of you reading this blog will drive to work on a regular basis. (… having said that, I hope you aren’t reading this post whilst driving!) Let’s say that average person spends approximately 60 minutes in the car per day. That’s 30 minutesRead More

posturedirect.com

29 Oct 2016 - General

Thanks for the very informative discussion Mark Edmon Tan . We really need to follow these tips as driving cars has become a daily habit that consumes significant part of our time. The musculoskeletal symptoms are very common among professional drivers. I actually share the same head cautious position with Maria Cristina Inserto I...
 (Total 126 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto That is just funny when someone keeps reminding you for your health benefit yet you still insist on doing it your way. haha Keeping the head forward is the same dilemma for me. However, this is something that I try to correct because it puts a lot of strain over the neck muscles. It could end up with having a sore shoulder and neck that will instantly ruin one's mood. As we are on the to...
 (Total 128 words)
I have very bad posture. Just this weekend someone was pointing it out and he kept reminding me to stand up straight or sit up straight---and would always call my attention when I'm slouching, which is actually all the time. I said, "It takes so much effort to straighten my back, I simply cannot do it", and so I don't. HEHE. Anyway, when driving, I always have my back fully resting on the seat, but my head is forward. I always want to be alert and leaning way back seems so rela...
 (Total 175 words)
Heena Pohani I am glad that you found this article informative. As for your comment regarding wearing of seat belt at all times, I agree that is a must to ensure safety. Seat belts are designed to protect a person in case of a collision. We often find ourselves muttering something like "The patient should have worn a seat belt" when dealing with cases of serious motor vehicular accident injuries. As for...
 (Total 136 words)
Jennifer Winter It is quite a good practice to keep the knee in flexion because it reduces strain on the quadriceps for long driving. It would be awfully tough to switch pedals for braking and accelerating with an extended knee too. I agree with using stock seat cover and pillows and reminding myself to keep the back in normal alignment as much as possible. One must remember to maintain the low back's natural...
 (Total 132 words)
The article is quite interesting and informative. Proper posture is necessary for every activity,including driving. The ideas and the tips mentioned in this post are great and I am sure that they will definitely educate and motivate people for maintaining a correct posture while driving. Apart from this, I would like to mention the correct use of seat belts. Many times people don't know the correct method of using seat belts while driving and this can be hazardous as it can lead to condition...
 (Total 160 words)
We often tell patients to improve posture when walking or sitting down. However, there are a lot of repetitive daily activities that can lead to poor posture and one of them is driving. This article gives sound pieces of advice on how to maintain the normal vertebral alignment while driving. My personal tip is to use the rear view mirror to keep posture in check. Make sure that you sitting with the shoulders drawn back and down and the occiput, scapula, and gluteals making contact with the back ...
 (Total 131 words)