General

Poor work life balance will lead you to a poor health in your later life!

Created by:

30 Oct 2016 - General

With the development and evolution, the expectations have got bigger and everyone have got huge targets to achieve. With this life stress, most of the time almost all the people miss sleep and find no time for the pleasurable activities. A new study has found that this increased work stress and poor management between the work stress and the personal life will lead you to have an unhealthy life style in your latter life. The damaging defects include heart disease, stroke, anxiety and depression too. Sleep deprivation has been identified as the main reason for that. So, for a healthy end, let's practice work-life balance in the early life.

Being in the healthcare sector, if you are a newbie it is understandable to find yourself in a situation wherein it is difficult to find balance. You get to focus into a lot of things, your career, yourself, friends, family and any other special relationships too. As a nurse, I always get to be exhausted with the workload and compensation. During my day offs, I get to pamper myself. Having enough rest, sleep as much as I want and be lazy as much as I can. Sometimes I go on to get a massage, walk...
 (Total 137 words)
Of course yes. I totally agree with what you have commented here. For this study, sleep deprivation has become the main reason for the unhealthy life in later life. I think this will address mostly the health care professionals like us. Because we are lack of time to spend on pleasurable things. Even about our own health. So before advising others to manage, we have to be competent with a better management between work life and the personal life. As a doctor I know that we are so busy with our d...
 (Total 113 words)
Rajinda Asalage thank you for posting this article it is really interesting, I totally agree with you, nowadays and because of the demands of everyday and the passion of humen to reach and achieve their dreams in a shorter time, they put their work as a priority and they forget that there are things more important than what they are running for.
Our health is the most important thing to take care of and we sh...
 (Total 114 words)
It is really true that while you are in a residential training, you will not get a minute to have your meal even. But the residential training does not last for all along the life time. That is usually only one year in my country. But after you finish it, you will get a time to cope with your loved ones and you are the one who have to manage the work life and the personal life. The proper balance in between those extremities will narrate you into a healthy life later. Because, to live a healthy ...
 (Total 105 words)
I believe in having a good balance of things. You cannot be working too much and burn yourself out and compromise your health, to what end? You earn money and your health has suffered, and perhaps have caused some neglect on your relationships too. What good is that? On the other hand, you could be having too much fun, relaxing and enjoying life but in the process wasting away precious time and achieving none in your name. I think it is important that people maintain a healthy balance. A healthy...
 (Total 109 words)
Achieving a healthy balance between work and life is easier said than done especially for doctors. Sometimes we do not have a choice in the number of working hours we work. Even if we do have choices, many a times we are unable to get our leaves approved and end up carrying forward our leaves to the next year and eventually forfeiting if due to manpower issues. Something has to be done with the system which does not give healthcare workers the entitlement of leave. Remember that leave is an enti...
 (Total 136 words)
Achieving a healthy balance between work and life is quite challenging for healthcare professionals especially for doctors. However, they should know how to manage their stresses. it is one of our task as a human being to release all stresses away. It can be through our hobbies. Whatever you enjoy doing. Like in the example stated in the article. It is true; When you was deprived of having a good sleep you can't function very well in your daily routine. And in the long run, when this is con...
 (Total 112 words)
Having a good work-life balance is very important for a healthy lifestyle. Sometime, it is not easy for most of the healthcare professionals to have a good work life balance. Prolonged working hours, unscheduled overtime, working night shift, working during weekends are all the factors that could lead to excessive working hours, without sufficient rest or time to enjoy the hobbies. We need to have some smart strategies to try to maximise the free time available for ourselves, our family, to enjo...
 (Total 110 words)
I agree that achieving a work and life balance is optimal. However, this is easier said than done especially if you are in residency training. I believe that for a few years, one has to give up this idea of balance in order to comply with the requirements of training. Since medical school, doctors have learned to let go of this concept of balance because of the demands of the course. I think that good coping mechanisms are important in preventing illnesses that are associated with stressful even...
 (Total 114 words)
Rajinda Asalage can't agree to you any more. This is very important point in the life of all professionals especially health care providers who have hectic duty ours with long hospital stays and unfortunately not enough resources to spend with just one job. This compels us to seek for multiple jobs and hence give up the balance of life that is so important. Then as doctors there is constant pressure to keep s...
 (Total 110 words)
It is true, that a stressful lifestyle can give rise to many health concerns in the long run. As explained by this research stress and psychological troubles have an association between physical illnesses like heart disease, stroke and other psychiatric illnesses. But it is not only the latter part of life that is adversely affected by poor work life balance. The immediate surrounding can also be troubled if you do not organize your work and try to stay as stress free as possible. The social, me...
 (Total 118 words)