General
Electronic prescriptions could reduce nonadherence to dermatologic medications

Electronic prescriptions could reduce nonadherence to dermatologic medications

Shared by:

Patients are more likely to fill and pick up medications if they are prescribed in an electronic format, according to a recent study, which associated the increased rates of primary nonadherence (PNA) with the number of prescriptions, language, age, and race/ethnicity.

specialty.mims.com

30 Oct 2016 - General

how about electronic prescriptions that are handwritten for the drugs with high abuse potential? Then again the ability to provide electronic prescriptions should only be done from a secure database from a doctor's clinic or the hospital and sent directly to the pharmacy. At least that is the kind of electronic prescriptions I have witnessed in the US. Definitely my handwriting is becoming less pretty when I am writing out prescriptions. It is particularly ugly when I write prescriptions for...
 (Total 103 words)
I remember the conversation in the previous posts about electronic prescriptions. I am not very sure if this will promote adherence among patients, but I think it may potentially reduce the numbers of medical errors. Some medication errors occur due to poor interpretation of the provider's poorly legible handwriting. Unfortunately, medication errors may lead to potential life-threatening consequences and efforts should be made to prevent this type of error. On the other hand, electronic pres...
 (Total 131 words)