General
Poll: Do you think the 'male pill' will take off?

Poll: Do you think the 'male pill' will take off?

Shared by:

The 96% effectiveness rate is similar to that achieved by the female combined pill.

www.thejournal.ie

30 Oct 2016 - General

For the sake of research achievements, OK but all are aware of the practical problems limiting feasibility of such approaches....measures should be of choice only after achieving family decisions and then looking to 'accidental' and circumsta...
 (Total 46 words)
Thanks everyone for sharing the great opinions. And comments. I would agree that there will always be some dividing opinions among the male counterpart with regards to the willingness of taking the responsibility to take the contraceptive pill or in...
 (Total 109 words)
Well, this is a very rich and interesting discussion indeed. Thanks for sharing all your thoughts. There will many amusing opinions regarding the male pill for sure. besides rev...
 (Total 145 words)
I don't have any feminist point of view for this because I feel that having to take pills everyday for men may be difficult. Though since You Yi Hong and ...
 (Total 101 words)
Such an interesting topic to talk and to be discuss. Eversince, we are used to female contraception so this is another 360 degrees turn! A male pill! I guess this is the time to let the opposite gender to use contraception too. This will be useful if...
 (Total 116 words)
Jennifer Winter personally i would upkeep to this if i am being aware of the current situation now. Personally, i do not wish to have too many kids when i am married but my partner does. An...
 (Total 149 words)
Jennifer Winter , if the new pill/injection for male contraception is managed to go through Phase 3 clinical trials, and get FDA approval, with acceptable and minimize side effects profile,...
 (Total 120 words)
I think majority of the poll who answered are male. Haha kidding aside. Well I voted that this will become popular but not as compared to those female pills. The first step will surely boost the popularity of the contraceptive but I just don't kn...
 (Total 138 words)
now this quite interesting haha. I don't know how will a male contraceptive pill will catch on. Not saying that men aren't responsible enough to take a pill daily but I don't think it would really fly all too well as in the first place it...
 (Total 162 words)
A very interesting poll indeed! Haha, I agree with the thoughts of Maria Cristina Inserto that it's about time men should also do some of the effort for contraception, especially because...
 (Total 182 words)
You Yi Hong I like the idea of gender equality in contraception. However, change is difficult, albeit painful. I am optimistic that this idea will take of - - but it will take a lot of pat...
 (Total 133 words)
I would say this exciting new adventurous medical idea is still very new in its infancy stage. And we are not sure how the development of such idea will lead to in the future. I am totally agree with ...
 (Total 131 words)
Woohoo! A poll for the community. I think this is the first poll in the MIMS community, You Yi Hong . I do not think it will take off for the following reasons 1.) safety issues - Injectabl...
 (Total 142 words)
As I mentioned in a similar post, I think it's about time that men take the step in contraception. If and when this becomes available, I think some men can start taking the pill because they have the "impregnating" component anyway. Als...
 (Total 125 words)

Male contraception injection or pill could be potential available in the future. Currently, there is no availability of male contraceptive pill. It seems like there were some side effects related to the male contraceptive injection, that delay i...
 (Total 103 words)