General
Researchers discover enzyme in the brain that acts like switch to turn off obesity

Researchers discover enzyme in the brain that acts like switch to turn off obesity

Shared by:

You've tried all the diets. No matter: you've still regained the weight you lost, even though you ate well and you exercised regularly! This may be due to a particular enzyme in the brain: the alpha/beta hydrolase domain-6 enzyme, better known as ABHD6.

www.news-medical.net

31 Oct 2016 - General

Metabolism is a very complex thing really. I have fairly regular metabolism, not significant, but just about right for my age. I cannot just eat and eat, unlike when I was younger, but I find that it works pretty well in regulating my weight and the degree in which calories are burned by my body. But then there are people who just do not gain despite how much they eat. They do not spend any time in the gym but they do stay fit. At the same time there are people who eat very little but just pack ...
 (Total 127 words)
A research published this week in cell reports has found a new link between obesity and brain. This study has shown that when an enzyme alpha/beta hydrolase domain-6 (ABHD6) is blocked in the mice they fail to lose weight even under ideal weight loose regimen. Later researchers have found that this enzyme act as a switch for body’s adjustment to extremes. Because a genetically engineered mouse that was deprived of the ABDH6 enzyme in a localized area of the brain and specific population of hypot...
 (Total 121 words)