General
Overworked doctor coughs up blood after 32-hour shift in China

Overworked doctor coughs up blood after 32-hour shift in China

Shared by:

While the shocking incident occurred in China, less serious yet highly stressful working conditions for doctors and other healthcare professionals in our part of the world demands urgent attention.

today.mims.com

31 Oct 2016 - General

Although all government hospitals are short-handed in terms of doctors and nursing staff and they would like to have more numbers added, they are constrained by the limitation of available budget in the health ministry or department. They cannot rec...
 (Total 66 words)
I'm still doing oncalls for 32 hours in the medical dept. And the funny thing is that we apparently hv 'too many' doctors. If tat was the case why isn't d shift system applied in every hospital? And y are certain hospitals only taking...
 (Total 92 words)
Wow i did not such things happened around us. All these demands at work are really catching up on us and squeezing every bit of our energy just because they are paying us a salary. It is okay, but to a certain extent. We are only human, and we need r...
 (Total 217 words)
Nai Yin Ho after I read this article,I felt sorry for this doctor and for anyone in his situation, it is very difficult to work continually without rest, it really affects doctors and patie...
 (Total 117 words)
You Yi Hong well I am in residency training so yes I do work over 24 hours at 28+hours straight. I know a few hospitalists and they do over 24 hour shifts as well. Some ER post hospitalists...
 (Total 129 words)
It is highly unbearable to work for continuous shift work without a break that a doctor work. In my opinion it is due to high and untol work pressure packed up up not only on doctors but also on all HCPs. The work load is generally more on doctors a...
 (Total 96 words)
Working a continuous 32 hours’ shift is unsafe for both the doctors and the patients. But, such a working hour is not uncommon in a lot of healthcare system. Overworked in a prolonged period may bring on a lot of stress to our body, mentally and phys...
 (Total 116 words)