General
Nurses who spread anti-vaccination views to be prosecuted under Australian law

Nurses who spread anti-vaccination views to be prosecuted under Australian law

Shared by:

Halthcare providers are responsible for dispensing medical advice that is based on the best evidence available. Consequently, Australian nurses who spread anti-vaccination messages will now face prosecution.

today.mims.com

31 Oct 2016 - General

Daniel Wee I do understand your point. Flu vaccines should be given to those at risk of contracting the virus, such as infants and those with respiratory conditions, however, its not for everyone. For an active, healthy adult such as myself, I would not anymore opt to have a flu vaccine. Plus, there are a lot of strains of the influenza virus, and it would depend on a personal opinion whether a healthy adult or no...
 (Total 188 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Children / babies died from flu (not common cold), we are talking about influenza here. Stats are available: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/children.htm
There aren't any new vaccines. Most are re-formulated combined dose to reduce the schedule and the need of lollipops and ice-creams. Two relative newer ones were Rotavirus and Varicella.

Do not confuse adverse reactio...
 (Total 171 words)
You Yi Hong
Newborn babies are immune to many diseases because they have antibodies they got from their mothers. However, this immunity goes away during the first year of life.
If an unvaccinated child is exposed to a disease germ, the child's body may not be strong enough to fight the disease. Before vaccines, many children died from diseases that vaccines now prevent, such as whooping cough, measle...
 (Total 140 words)
Vaccines have surely been beneficial against a lot of diseases that took thousands of lives during the old world era. Yet today, there are more and more vaccines being required to be given to children, and there have been some adverse effects documented. On a personal stand, I do agree to vaccination, but not to all the vaccines (especially the newer ones) being recommended to be given, even as early as when a baby is born. I do think the basic ones are necessary though, but flu vaccines and oth...
 (Total 174 words)
When there is a remarkable increase from 470 cases in 1,292 in just three years, it is cause for concern. Immunization is an important thing. It is not merely subjective stance that one person makes, because the health condition of people greatly improved with the introduction of vaccines. People used to die from all kinds of diseases but a lot of these illnesses became "obsolete" due to vaccines and this is what mothers have to realize. The movement against immunization, for me, is ir...
 (Total 113 words)
Vaccination is one of the best medical invention, that can prevent a lot of serious medical diseases and save a lot of life !!!! It is a shame that some healthcare providers do spread the anti-vaccination views !!! It is very irresponsible. Those anti-vaccination views can indeed cause a lot of confusions among the public. We should always try to give the best evidence based medical information to the public. I agree that appropriate measures should be taken against those people should spread a...
 (Total 102 words)