General
Dr Wikipedia: The rise of websites as sources of information for doctors

Dr Wikipedia: The rise of websites as sources of information for doctors

Shared by:

Wikipedia is the top source of healthcare information for both doctors and patients as half of the physicians’ worldwide use the site complementarily for information, especially for rare conditions.

today.mims.com

31 Oct 2016 - General

Uptodate, NICE and SIGN guidelines for my work. Primary research paper and meta reviews from journals in PubMed, Google Scholar. Here's some more: http://www.moreofit.com/similar-to/www.pubmed.gov/Top_10_Sites_Like_Pubmed/
Wikipedia is useful...
 (Total 49 words)
Internet usage is the most easiest way to gather information. Not only by its accessibility but as well as you can manage you time right there and then or lets just say you are in control of everything. In my experience, i do rely to internet too (e....
 (Total 100 words)
There is so many information on the internet, fake information, real information, half fake/half-truth information!!! As a healthcare professional, I don’t think we should seek for medical information in Wikipedia. I know that Wikipedia is usually th...
 (Total 102 words)
I also use Dr. Google like Maria Cristina Inserto to look up medical topics I need to check up on. Wikipedia has been deemed not to be reliable but I would still read through it and then hav...
 (Total 103 words)
I still go online even for dental information. This is even more true if I need medical information because my knowledge there is not as vast. But yes, for dental, especially when I need confirmation on things I know or when something totally unknown...
 (Total 144 words)
It is the fact that the internet does not serve an authentic and reliable source of professional information but most of the population heavily rely on the sites like Wikipedia. For example, if we want to get information regarding different diseases ...
 (Total 125 words)
I have to agree that this does not only happen to doctors and nurses using Wikipedia as the main source of information through the website. Though I've heard a lot of critics about Wikipedia that it is not as reliable as other electronic sources,...
 (Total 140 words)