General
Doctors who were once nurses: What makes these individuals stand out?

Doctors who were once nurses: What makes these individuals stand out?

Shared by:

It is not uncommon for nurses to make the change in their career path from nursing to medicine. Despite having gone through nursing school, nurses who decide to pursue medicine are usually not exempted from any classes in medical school, and like everyone else, are required to start from the bottom, although with some advantages.

today.mims.com

1 Nov 2016 - General

In my opinion Madhubabu kaaja , doctors who were once a nurse has its own advantage. The first reason is that they have experience handling different cases of patients and got a chance to take care of them in long term basis. Aside from that, they learn how important it is to have a very huge patience in dealing with different types and personality of persons. And thriugh their nursing career, they became experts ...
 (Total 117 words)
I am very fortunate that my two closest friends both graduated with a nursing degree as their pre-med course. What I could say, aside from what was already stated in the article, is that they had tremendous patience. They were very patient yet efficient in doing hospital errands. They were just trained well to manage time accordingly without compromising patient care. Moreover, people who had nursing as pre-med have topnotch work ethic. It seemed like everything was a breeze for them even if num...
 (Total 133 words)
My pre-med course was nursing and I have to say being a nurse was very advantageous when we got to clinic subjects and especially during clerkship/junior internship where we went on duties. There wasn't too much of shell shock with nursing as an undergraduate course. Like the article said being a nurse we are able to approach patients differently and I believe that my bedside manner is what it is now because of my nursing background. Aside from physician patient relationships the relationshi...
 (Total 152 words)
My pre-med course was nursing and I have to say being a nurse was very advantageous when we got to clinic subjects and especially during clerkship/junior internship where we went on duties. There wasn't too much of shell shock with nursing as an undergraduate course. Like the article said being a nurse we are able to approach patients differently and I believe that my bedside manner is what it is now because of my nursing background. Aside from physician patient relationships the relationshi...
 (Total 152 words)