General
Healthcare professionals: 4 non-verbal ways of communication that you should be using with your patients

Healthcare professionals: 4 non-verbal ways of communication that you should be using with your patients

Shared by:

Non-verbal ways of communication can sometimes help bring a message across more effectively; especially when the patient is not receptive to the regular modes of communication.

today.mims.com

1 Nov 2016 - General

Thanks for the compliment on my previous comment. Yes that is proved. I have experiences in my working life too. Once one of my senior doctors interviewed a patient without practicing the previous tricks and he failed to gain much of detail about the...
 (Total 106 words)
Nonverbal communication, or the expression of messages through facial expressions, gestures and body language, is essential to successful relationships in the workplace. Examples of this type of communication include eye contact, posture and voice sp...
 (Total 136 words)
Good communication with the patient is very importance in maintaining a good doctor-patient relationship, so that patients will put their trust on us with regards to their medical treatment. Non-verbal communication skills are part of the package for...
 (Total 114 words)
Communication in any form with the patient is important and a doctor should always take care of these factors. I agree with the ideas and suggestions mentioned in this post. Definitely, silence, body language, hand gestures, facial expressions, all p...
 (Total 169 words)
As told by Rajinda Asalage some times non verbal communication work better with some patients. Doctor should try to minimise communication gap with patient. It helps when the healthcare pro...
 (Total 60 words)
As you know the communication is two types which are verbal communication and non verbal communication. When we interview a patient at your door, I must say that the more information is gathered by non verbal communication than verbally. To maintain ...
 (Total 106 words)
Patients notice our non-verbal gestures too and we must be aware of that. They can determine if we are genuinely concerned just with our body language. As for body language, nodding has been effective for me during history taking. It signals the pati...
 (Total 152 words)
Non verbal communication says it all when words cannot express it fully. We must be very careful in dealing with our patients and anyone whom we are talking to most especially when they are meticulous enough with our actions. You can always never go ...
 (Total 167 words)
I think non-verbal communication is more effective than verbal communication as non-verbal techniques that are used in clinical settings have more influence on the patients and listeners and it is helpful for healthcare professionals to be more commu...
 (Total 135 words)
Non-verbal communication says a lot about how we see our patients. As I read somewhere, communication actually consists of 90+ percent non-verbal and only 7 percent verbal communication. Also, the way we listen to patients and our body language tells...
 (Total 136 words)