General
#SorryNotSorry: 7 things nurses should not be guilty of

#SorryNotSorry: 7 things nurses should not be guilty of

Shared by:

In the daily grind of nursing, you will find yourself be stuck in uncomfortable situations and it is often not because of your patients.

today.mims.com

1 Nov 2016 - General

Nurses are humans too. We can't be all you want all the time. Every one has their bad days and good days - this should not be the case but yes it is still valid as for some you might feel really sad due to a bad incident out of work. During school studying as a nurse, we are taught to ask questions more if we are unsure. I do not see why we can be penalized for asking cause at the end of the day, things are dealt with correctly. Seeking assistance when required is also part of our duty. if y...
 (Total 162 words)
The role of nurses are very diverse and they are expected to do so much. Everybody deserves a break, and one should not be guilty for having a meal! Although sometimes, I know that a lot of healthcare providers have the tendency to finish all tasks before having a meal. I also think that its a good quality if nurses know how to communicate well. I actually appreciate it whenever they ask questions because it makes me feel that the communication is clear, and everything is going well. It will be ...
 (Total 107 words)
I see the work of the nurses everyday in the ward and it is not easy. Preparing medications, doing charting, attending to requests, and ensuring special instructions are given are some of the things that comprise a busy workday for nurses. In private hospitals, they sometimes respond to other-worldly requests that make me think if relatives mistake nurses for butlers. The tips on this article are well thought of and applicable to the daily burden of being a healthcare profession. What stands out...
 (Total 141 words)
Being a nurse is never an easy job. The daily clinical duty can be challenging and stressful. Throughout the daily job, there will be a lot of different interaction and communication between the colleagues, the patients, the patients’ relative, other healthcare professionals like doctor, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, medical social workers and etc. So, don’t be afraid to ask any questions to clarify the situation or ask for help if in doubt. Everyone working in the hospital will have ...
 (Total 114 words)
Nursing itself is hard yet rewarding. As being said, it is very difficult to find the right balance between work and your life. There will always be good days and bad days, I agree to that. There will be times that upon waking up, you can already feel what lies ahead of you. There's a lot of thing to develop and skills to be learned over time. First and foremost, you need to think and take care of yourself. No one can ever take care of others if he/she isn't able to take care of theirsel...
 (Total 252 words)
Nursing as a healthcare professional is a very tough job but it is rewarding at the same time. In the daily grind of nursing, they will find themselves be stuck in uncomfortable situations that may or may not be because of the patients. Being human it is not necessary that every day will be cheerful and full of energy because bad days and bad moments are also part of nurse’s daily life. Nurses must not hesitate to ask about medicine’s dosage and administration from other health care professional...
 (Total 116 words)