General
Singapore’s Ministry of Health to encourage nurses to upgrade themselves

Singapore’s Ministry of Health to encourage nurses to upgrade themselves

Shared by:

It is of no secret that the rapidly ageing nation’s healthcare sector is currently facing a labour crunch, with insufficient nurses, doctors, and healthcare professionals.

today.mims.com

1 Nov 2016 - General

Alan Rosmadi Nothing will happen to upgrade skills in my view. All are become APN the suitable hospital authority or management can decide the scope of work and schedule the work wherever applicable. Nothing can be done wrong without the absence of one APN. If, a family has 5 member and have a car. If only one can drive then all are depending on one person. If every body can drive means one can go to anywhere f...
 (Total 102 words)
I believe the same is true here in the Philippines. I have two relatives who are nurses and they are both taking their masters, as instructed/encouraged by their hospitals. With a world that is evolving too fast, I think it is only fitting that we try to keep up with the speed at which things are moving. In the medical field, and if you are a nurse, there is also a need to keep because we have to remember that we are in the industry of serving people and if you want to offer better service that ...
 (Total 120 words)
I have heard many times to be upgraded but i never really feel that it is necessary. Cause how many Advanced practice nurse (APN) can a hospital employ and are the hospital willing to offer the same amount throughout for all their APN, if all of us are APNs how are things going to run at the wards, Who will be doing junior roles? Per say. What I am trying to imply is - not all nurses are meant to be APN. Even i do not want to be one. It is just not fulfilling as compared to me doing normal nurs...
 (Total 170 words)
I have heard many times to be upgraded but i never really feel that it is necessary. Cause how many Advanced practice nurse (APN) can a hospital employ and are the hospital willing to offer the same amount throughout for all their APN, if all of us are APNs how are things going to run at the wards, Who will be doing junior roles? Per say. What I am trying to imply is - not all nurses are meant to be APN. Even i do not want to be one. It is just not fulfilling as compared to me doing normal nurs...
 (Total 170 words)
Habiba Twakkol It is a great chance who wants to learn and upgrade to new skills. More skilled person may be paid more and may get better position. Health ministry doing its as best as worth full events by all means for healthcare aspects to compensate the present and future demands for healthcare professionals. If remuneration and visa processing and foreign immigration procedures more specific easy for HCPs, ...
 (Total 77 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh Yes,Singapore govt further strengthening healthcare principles. It seems a fuhrer up-gradation programmes may come for doctors and pharmacists. In Singapore healthcare is never compromised by Govt and each and every up-gradation activity is constantly monitored and controlled. As you told, up graduation enables nurses for a faster work, better healthcare, reduces work burden and improves confid...
 (Total 92 words)
Madhubabu kaaja after this article, I can't imagine that there is any one will let this chance or ignore it.
It is a great chance to develop yourself eduticationally and get better position.
Health ministry is trying to do her best to resist the labour crunch and it is a great step that they don't ignore the situation and they are working on it opening an oppournties to encourage health care profes...
 (Total 113 words)
Finally the article on ways that Singapore's Ministry of Health is trying to encourage nurses to upgrade themselves. It is a very important vital step that we should increase the numbers and standard/qualities of nurses. This should have been implemented way before. There is a huge crunch in manpower especially nursing side. And we are actually seeing majority of local nurses leaving the system because the work is of high demand, little satisfaction and off working hours. If only we can inc...
 (Total 119 words)
With numerous leaps in the field of medicine in terms of advancement, everyone needs to keep up. Specializations are there for the taking and we must be active in making ourselves better for the patients and for our medical careers. It is a win-win situation for everybody because patients will get the services required for the needs in a speicalized ward (i.e. spinal cord injury ward). Nurses will get better compensation and perform better in the wards than those who are not yet undergoing train...
 (Total 131 words)
We can never hide that the world of healthcare is becoming competitive as years go by. Time will come that hospitals will never accept nurses without masters degree or any units in continuinh education. I guess this change of upgrading the skills of nurses isn't just going on in Singapore for a change, currently in the Philippines the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) is planning to implement continuing education or trainings for us practicing nurse before we can renew our licenses. I...
 (Total 168 words)