General
Medicine as a career: honourable choice or a prodigal choice?

Medicine as a career: honourable choice or a prodigal choice?

Shared by:

There are many reasons why we chose to become doctors, but as workplace stress and other factors begin to build, it is easy to forget these. One GP shares her reasons for choosing medicine.

today.mims.com

1 Nov 2016 - General

Healthcare stands top of all fields being healthy and disease free is major view of developing and developed countries. Healthcare professionals are lagging in developing and developed countries. Doctor is who promotes healthcare, healthy life, prevent and cure diseases and saves life of human beings. Choosing a healthcare profession is both ways of honourable and prodigal choices and is based on case by case. I chosen as career from my ancesters which created interest on medicine and finally...
 (Total 96 words)
Like what Chih Chiang Nieh said, being a doctor is not just a profession, it is a calling. It is an honorable profession, and nothing will change that despite a lot of negative news articles, at the end of the day, all doctors, at some point have sacrificed a lot just to save a life of a patient. I believe that this process begins even before we have earned the title of an MD. During our clerkship and internshi...
 (Total 130 words)
I am still happy about the decision I made to study biological science in my Advanced Levels because that narrated me to be a doctor. I do not and will not regret about that decision. I do not say that other professions are below rated. But the satisfaction you get after seeing a patient's face when he or she is not longer a patient. That kind of satisfaction is very rare in an occupation. My parents always dreamed to see me becoming a doctor and I have made their dream a reality too. I am r...
 (Total 105 words)
Medicine is not just a career, it is more than that, it is a calling. One has to go through a lot of sacrifice being able to become a physician. Majority of the person's time is spending on work and patients. I think every single one of us should think back to what was the exact reason why we chose medicine, and reflect on what has made us changed along the way. I am pretty sure most of us have experienced a point of time when we wanted to give up or thought about why did we choose this toug...
 (Total 131 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I agree with your opinion that medicine follows as a natural choice of career for those who have this as an ancestral business. It is definitely a wise decision for them to enter medicine. Moreover, as the article mentions, some doctors may have chosen medicine as their career due to a devastating personal experience. Also, I believe that some people have the natural talent and capabilities and the...
 (Total 172 words)
I think that being a doctor is more than a choice regardless if one coming from a family of doctors or just the first one in his/her ancestry. It is more of a vocation and one will understand that as he/she slowly courses through the tough course of becoming a physician. Every doctor who finished his/her degree had to give up the most important commodity in the world- time. I am not saying that others who opted to pursue a different path did not sacrifice but missing out on special occasions and...
 (Total 154 words)
I think being a doctor is one of the most noble profession in the world. Each person has their own reasons for pursuing a degree, as being said it could be a positive reason or something negative that lingers individual to pursue medicine. Not everyone is priviledge enough to take up the degree they wanted. Some are born from families of doctors just like what the GP had shared in the article, some may work hard for it and for others, pity as it will never happen and continue to echoe in their d...
 (Total 127 words)